Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

9 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

But Suicide Squad didn't have shitty legs.

$300M+ guaranteed. :Venom:

This looks more interesting than AntMan2, and could out-gross it (with a smaller budget).

WB was so happy with those legs that they got rid of the original Suicide Squad director and are taking forever to get a sequel together. Just because Suicide Squad's reception was better than BvS doesn't mean that it was good.  

• Like 2

I'm with Zak on this. Could have a pretty good opening, but probably really bad legs if it sucks, especially with all the competition in October. Halloween is definitely gonna get a ton of attention in the later half of October, and there's also First Man, Bad Times at The El Royale and A Star Is Born coming either at the same time or after Venom.

Edited by TheManFromBeyond
  • Like 1

Who the fuck knows with this.

I mean, parts look pretty badass and comic book as all hell. But parts look dumb as hell.

But it gets a shit load of LEGIT YT views. So this will either confirm YT being legit at tracking, or the death of YT tracking.

39 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I highly doubt this is going to much cheaper than a typical tentpole. Sony has absolutely no budget discipline.

You probably confused them with Warner Bros, they are well known for spending 180-300 mln on movies which don't even look on half of their budgets. Jumanji 2 budget was just 90 mln, that's amazing budget discipline, I don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

WB was so happy with those legs that they got rid of the original Suicide Squad director and are taking forever to get a sequel together. Just because Suicide Squad's reception was better than BvS doesn't mean that it was good.  

Good on WB if they know that they got away with one turkey sandwich and want to do it right second time around. BvS and its toxic effect on JL were a hard lesson but if that makes them think things over before acting than there's hope for DCEU. New projects look promising so fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Firepower said:

You probably confused them with Warner Bros, they are well known for spending 180-300 mln on movies which don't even look on half of its budget. Jumanji 2 budget was just 90 mln, that's amazing budget discipline, I don't know what you're talking about.

The Amazing Spider-man movies and Spectre beg to differ.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

The Amazing Spider-man movies and Spectre beg to differ.

They seem high because we know the real costs from leaks. Budgets for movies like CapAmerica1 and GOTG are also much higher than what was first reported.

Regardless, Venom is certainly cheaper than AntMan2; the budget started with a much lower model: Logan or Deadpool. Production was shorter than what it takes to make a CGI-heavy superhero blockbuster and the cast doesn't look too expensive.

Edited by MrGlass2

22 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Good on WB if they know that they got away with one turkey sandwich and want to do it right second time around. BvS and its toxic effect on JL were a hard lesson but if that makes them think things over before acting than there's hope for DCEU. New projects look promising so fingers crossed. 

Oh I completely agree. Maybe I shouldn't be but I'm decently cautiously optimistic. Enjoyed both the Aquaman and Shazam trailers. 

Here's hoping I get there with Venom. I don't like the trailers man. I'm trying to but I can't force myself to. 

3 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Surely I'm not the only one who doesn't understand what Venom was saying when he spoke? 

3 hours ago, AJG said:

I don't wanna sound like a dick, but did anyone not understand what on earth Venom and Hardy were saying at some parts of the trailer?

3 hours ago, Hades said:

Venom needs a subtitle. Cool trailer.

3 hours ago, Alli said:

what the heck is hardy saying? someone needs to send him to some diction lessons

3 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Looks good, although could anyone hear what Hardy wanted to say?

3 hours ago, expensiveho said:

It looks better that I could've imagined. Still can't hear shit, though . 

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Hardy is perfectly capable of enunciating and being comprehensible.  His inarticulate rocks in the throat mumbling is a (tiresome) artistic choice...

3 hours ago, AJG said:

“If you don’t like it put on the fucking subtitles. Fuck you”

- Tom Hardy, 2011.

3 hours ago, GambitPool said:

I haven't understood Tom Hardy since 2010.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4