Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

Just now, That One Guy said:

lmao did I miss this?  or was it just Han doing his usual shtick and I didn't pick up on it.

Probably Han and Pink and CJohn let's be real

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

I'm still calling a lowball on that new Deadline number (exactly the same thing that happened last week btw: Friday all doom and gloom; and things go boom on Sat) but it's not like a movie like IW hitting a 55%-ish drop would be terrible and horribly shocking. That's about the same as Guardians 2 last year, which was a big family player (expect a big Saturday bump for IW too) and also a much smaller opening. The fact that it looks unlikely that it hits the Ultron/CW lows in whatever scenario in of itself is pretty miraculous for a film that relies this much on pre-existing knowledge of a franchise.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Thanks 1

Even Winter Soldier fell 56.6% in the 2nd weekend 4 years back. Gives AIW 112 weekend. IMO a 55-57% 2nd weekend hold is an over-performance in this day and age for a CBM sequel.

Date
(click to view chart)
Rank Weekend
Gross
%
Change
Theaters Change / Avg. Gross-to-Date Week
#
Apr 4–6 1 $95,023,721 - 3,938 - $24,130 $95,023,721 1
Apr 11–13 1 $41,274,861 -56.6% 3,938 - $10,481 $158,883,032 2
Edited by A2k Raptor

31 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Great Title :lol:

It should be the title of Amy Schumer's and/or Vince Vaughn's next movie. 

ETA: I think Schumer is actually quite attractive and I can't figure out why she plays into the idea that she isn't. Vaughn makes me consider turning in my STR8 card every time I see him, though. 

Edited by Talkie
  • Haha 1

Rewatched Black Panther...doesn't hold up.

Hopefully it fulfills its role as a gateway to more opportunities for people of colour, because unfortunately it's mid-tier Marvel for me.

Also, hope that people aren't disappointed with a -55% drop for Infinity War because that was the expected range.

If it goes as high as $125m I'd say that would be overperforming and a 60% drop would be slightly worrying. I know the band is pretty small, but the #s are quite large so there are distinctions.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

lmao did I miss this?  or was it just Han doing his usual shtick and I didn't pick up on it.

20 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Probably Han and Pink and CJohn let's be real

Good guesses, but no. Those guys would have been funny, not bitter. The main participant should thank Tele and the rest of the mod squad for cleaning that shit up because it was embarrassing. Empty souls were laid bare for all to see. Don't drunk post while sober, guys!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, MrWhite said:

The fuck? I had the flu that weekend, I barely even posted :whosad:

Just playing the odds, man. I don't remember

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I'm still calling a lowball on that new Deadline number (exactly the same thing that happened last week btw: Friday all doom and gloom; and things go boom on Sat) but it's not like a movie like IW hitting a 55%-ish drop would be terrible and horribly shocking. That's about the same as Guardians 2 last year, which was a big family player (expect a big Saturday bump for IW too) and also a much smaller opening. The fact that it looks unlikely that it hits the Ultron/CW lows in whatever scenario in of itself is pretty miraculous for a film that relies this much on pre-existing knowledge of a franchise.

BOT gotta react to every number like it's The Number even if we all know The Number doesn't come until the middle of the night

• Like 2

btw, now Rampage is looking at 155 in China. 160 possible too. So >350 from Dom+China. OS-China is minimum 140 excluding France (released on Wed I think), Germany, Japan and Poland. 400 ww is locked while 420 (3.5x the prod budget) is possible.

• Like 1