ZeeSoh

Tuesday (9/5):- Infinity War - 10.67m

11 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

In isolation, Mother’s Day would likely have no impact on IW. However, there will be at least five films (if not six) with more female appeal than IW. Thus, those films could siphon some business away from IW. They are:

Life of the Party

Breaking In

Overboard

I Feel Pretty

Tully

(and possibly A Quiet Place)

Yeesh, I would not take my mom to see Tully on Mother's Day tbh. lol

5 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

People did say the marketing is deceiving, so some people might take their mothers thinking it's not what it really is...

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It's just now occurring to me that Zoe Saldana may star in the two highest grossing films of all time worldwide in a few weeks. 

:ohmygod:

Bernard Hill was in the two highest grossers of all time from 2003 till 2009. Orlando Bloom was in 2 out of top 3 for a few years

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Bernard Hill was in the two highest grossers of all time from 2003 till 2009. Orlando Bloom was in 2 out of top 3 for a few years

True, but Zoe actually stars in both, not just a supporting role. 

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

45 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

In isolation, Mother’s Day would likely have no impact on IW. However, there will be at least five films (if not six) with more female appeal than IW. Thus, those films could siphon some business away from IW. They are:

Life of the Party

Breaking In

Overboard

I Feel Pretty

Tully

(and possibly A Quiet Place)

33 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

27 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

People did say the marketing is deceiving, so some people might take their mothers thinking it's not what it really is...

Tully is already making so little that it's gonna be a non-factor on Mother's Day. Infinity War will definitely be a more popular choice to take mom to (thanks to the badass chicks and the guys).

Friday      Sat    Sun              Mon    Tues       Weds   Thurs

WEEK 1  - 67.3      82.1    69.2           24.7     23.4        17.0    15.5 - 338.33 TOTAL

(-53%)  (-43%)  (-47%)       (-66%)  (-54%)  (-56%) (-55%) predicted

WEEK 2  - 31.5     46.7     36.6            8.3        10.7       7.3     7.00 = 486.35 total

WEEK 3  (-50%)  (-43%) (-46%)

+125% - 15.7 +69% 26.5 -25% 19.9 = 62.1 (-46%) 548.45 total

average of two predictions

(-50%)  (-48%)  (-50%)                                              60.3 (-47.5%) 546.65 total

+125% - 15.7 +55%  24.4  -25% 18.3 = 58.5 (-49%) 544.85 total        60 million weekend (-47.72%) 546.35

21 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It's just now occurring to me that Zoe Saldana may star in the two highest grossing films of all time worldwide in a few weeks. 

Credit to Terry Notary please.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

six highest

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

True, but Zoe actually stars in both, not just a supporting role. 

And in both movies she plays some kind of weird colorful alien chick.  She's the resident bodypainted girlfriend on duty.

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

To be fair, TA4 has a real shot — so she could get to the 6 highest even before Avatar 5.

Yeah it's possible with china existing I'll give you that.

Although normally film sequels released 1 year apart perform +-15% of the film before it (check lotr, potter, etc) I think DH2 is a anomaly because it was the last potter film

looking like $2.1b total so range for IWP2 is $1.8b to $2.4b

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, YLF said:

Out of all the characters in IW, she has some of the most screen time in the movie

Well then same goes for Orlando bloom. He was more iconic to his LOTR and POTC franchise than Gamora is to Avengers