ZeeSoh

Tuesday (9/5):- Infinity War - 10.67m

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

66% of the crowd in the opening weekend were male....

Opening w/e always skews heavier male.  It balances out some more as the run continues - by the end run AOU was 58/42 (same as Force Awakens) after a similar split and Avengers was nearer 50/50 (after opening 60/40)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

66% of the crowd in the opening weekend were male....

That is extremely high but it is fine for a movie like this as IW brand has the attention of guys from like 8 years to into their 50s. 

I think only TA or TFA has received such a crazy response from male audiences for a film this decade. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Get a list in of your favorite movies by tomorrow!  I’ll score lists with any number of movies 100 or below whether it be 1 movie, 10, 25, 100, etc. so don’t feel compelled to give a list of 100 or nothing!  

I wants lists from from everybody who reads this!

• Like 1

2nd Tuesday multipliers:    

AoU 23.4  

TA 28.6  

CA3  18  

BP ~28   

IM3  23.1

GotG2  23  

To pass Titanic and get this year’s first 2 MCU releases in the DOM top 4, IW would need 18.5.  

For 700, 22.4.

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, sfran43 said:

Wait they had that film originally opening on the second weekend of TLK and now moved to the third, I guess they really want it to open at #1.

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Man I hope so, that # would pretty much lock up 700. 

It's at 472 and with another 14M on Wednesday and Thursday and a 63M weekend it would be a 549 (so 193M behind TFA) the next set of weekday IW might do something like 21M losing another 7M compared to TFA and on the next weekend DP 2 opens so I guess IW drops to 30M  so loses another 12M so in total now 212M so if it matches TFA then it would get to 725M so it certainly is possible. But on the other hand IW won't gain anything on Memorial day compared to TFA as that had Martin Luther King day and no Solo, so I kind of doubt IW will ease less than TFA did so IW will drop to 20M and loses another 6M (on the 3-Day) but on the other hand Summer weekdays will slowly kick in then. So right now I would say it grosses a little less than 700M (if hold against DP is good and the weekend is above 30M I guess IW will get above by at least 5M.+

Just now, poweranimals said:

Huh? BOM has it at 26%.

Multipliers, not % increases. As in, the amount of money BP makes on and beyond it’s 2nd Tuesday will be approximately 28x it’s 2nd Tuesday.   

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

I’ll score lists with any number of movies 100 or below whether it be 1 movie

Man I hope things aren't bad enough that you'll have to resort to this

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Wait they had that film originally opening on the second weekend of TLK and now moved to the third, I guess they really want it to open at #1.

Funny enough, I can still see a scenario where it opens to #2 against TLK's 3rd weekend.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Funny enough, I can still see a scenario where it opens to #2 against TLK's 3rd weekend.

I just noticed it's a Spin Off, I thought it was a main movies (Sorry, no idea how that idea came in to my mind:lol:

It certainly is possible and I actually would love for that to happen. Hoping that TLK can stay on top longer than three weeks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Man I hope things aren't bad enough that you'll have to resort to this

We have enough lists for it to be fair, I’d just like as many as we can get.  There is a danger of the number of lists submitted being smaller than last years though unless I get over 15 today and tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

Should we be worried about Sunday being Mother's Day?

My rusty memory tells me that Mother's Day usually helps helps you or has no effect.  In other words, it rarely hurts a movie.  But I'm happy to be corrected.

25 minutes ago, LinksterAC said:

My rusty memory tells me that Mother's Day usually helps helps you or has no effect.  In other words, it rarely hurts a movie.  But I'm happy to be corrected.

Probably hurts for uber male demo skewed movies like Expendables or something, but otherwise you're good. IW has plenty of female appeal. 

32 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

We have enough lists for it to be fair, I’d just like as many as we can get.  There is a danger of the number of lists submitted being smaller than last years though unless I get over 15 today and tomorrow.

You'll have mine by tomorrow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Probably hurts for uber male demo skewed movies like Expendables or something, but otherwise you're good. IW has plenty of female appeal. 

In isolation, Mother’s Day would likely have no impact on IW. However, there will be at least five films (if not six) with more female appeal than IW. Thus, those films could siphon some business away from IW. They are:

Life of the Party

Breaking In

Overboard

I Feel Pretty

Tully

(and possibly A Quiet Place)