kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

Just now, Omni said:

In fact, that's exactly what happened with IW: the huge Monday number came and for a few days people were shooting silly predictions for its 2nd weekend hold and total gross. Then Friday came and people woke up.

I was talking about Domestic. Overseas was expected due to May Day.

I was talking about Domestic too!

28 minutes ago, Juby said:

Infinity War added $56.9M overseas (minus China) after its fifth weekend. If Endgame survive much stronger competition (Godzilla, X-Men, Pets, Toy Story, etc.) and also add $57 million from now on, it will finish with over $1.307B + $629.1M China (according to Deadline) = $1.936B OS. Avengers needs than at least $852M domestically to beat Avatar. So it still has a chance.

How could EG add those 57 millions where it's been holding worse than IW since weekend 2, when it has a lower 5th OS weekend and when it has to face strong direct competition on the weekends it's supposed to stabilize?

At this point, it's all up to Disney and the hypothetical rerelease.

Edited by Omni

46 minutes ago, Juby said:

Infinity War added $56.9M overseas (minus China) after its fifth weekend. If Endgame survive much stronger competition (Godzilla, X-Men, Pets, Toy Story, etc.) and also add $57 million from now on, it will finish with over $1.307B + $629.1M China (according to Deadline) = $1.936B OS. Avengers needs than at least $852M domestically to beat Avatar. So it still has a chance.

IW stood at 951M after a 14.5M 5th weekend. Ended with 990M (+39M)

EG will stand at 1.251B after a presumably 16M (actuals) weekend. Exact ratio gives it +43M to 1.294B. That is very optimistic considering competition, so 1286-1291M may be it for 1.915-1.920B total.

Domestic range is 850-860M. So 2.765-2.780B is where it's heading.

40 minutes ago, Omni said:

How could EG add those 57 millions where it's been holding worse than IW since weekend 2, when it has a lower 5th OS weekend and when it has to face strong direct competition on the weekends it's supposed to stabilize?

If Endgame survive and also add $57 million. IF! :P 

18 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Domestic range is 850-860M. So 2.765-2.780B is where it's heading.

No it's not. The best case scenario (with Infinity War legs) is $854-855M, but the film will probably finish with around $841-845M. It will drop hard next weeks, almost all June.

34 minutes ago, Juby said:

If Endgame survive and also add $57 million. IF! :P 

No it's not. The best case scenario (with Infinity War legs) is $854-855M, but the film will probably finish with around $841-845M. It will drop hard next weeks, almost all June.

Isn't that assuming *zero* FFH bump, which in theory could juice them another $5-7m?

15 hours ago, KJsooner said:

And Gwtw and Star Wars was more impressive than that. We can keep doing this all day.

I´m not agree with this. The biggest first run alltime of any film, at least in the US, is Titanic.

GWTW and Star Wars had multiple reissues and are pre-video age, so if we judge the first run, Titanic is the real champ.

My MCU mates, hear me and rejoice.

We are no laymen, who need to wait for official updates or just dollar values to understand box office. We all know how important factor Exchange rates are; and we also know Endgame is already the biggest of all time.

Not only local currencies; we have admissions record handily.

If Endgame do that $2.79 Billion, good. 

If Not, its already the biggest of all time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Disbelief 1

Titanic is G.O.A.T.

These Star Wars, GWTW, Jaws, etc were just western phenomenon. Titanic was bonkers West and East. The true blue worldwide phenomenon, that we will never see, save for MCU pulling something incredible next decade.

Titanic final is equivalent to Endgame opening, destroyed worldwide records.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

With its current trajectory Endgame is not touching $2.76 billion, $2.750-2.755 is where it's most likely to end up. Like others said $850 million domestically is about as much as we can hope for right now and the rest of the world will probably give us $30 million more at best. No matter how you twist it that's at best $2.757, with a couple ifs, which by the way is absolutely incredible. I mean who realistically expected Endgame to come this close to Avatar's seemingly untouchable record two months ago?

Think about it, no movie has come even within $700 million of that number in 9+ years. Endgame will finish $30 million shy of the record, it might not be what many were hoping for but it doesn't make this run any less impressive.

Don't know about all of you but I personally still can't comprehend the fact that a decade later we have another $2.7 billion movie. And no, $2 billion will not become the new $1 billion next decade, that's going to be $1.5 billion. Although I am curios how many $2+ billion movies you all think we'll get next decade (2010-2019 gave us 3 and that's probably going to be it). If I were to pull a number straight out of my ass I'd say 5, probably.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Titanic is G.O.A.T.

These Star Wars, GWTW, Jaws, etc were just western phenomenon. Titanic was bonkers West and East. The true blue worldwide phenomenon, that we will never see, save for MCU pulling something incredible next decade.

Titanic final is equivalent to Endgame opening, destroyed worldwide records.

Hey Charlie, i don´t understand well your last 2 posts.

In the first, you say EG is all time champ, and after you say Titanic is....

Can you explain this, please?

Also you mention EG is winner in admissions worldwide, i don´t think EG is beating in admisssions to Titanic...

Thanks in advance!

Charlie your MCU bias is showing again!

35 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

We all know how important factor Exchange rates are; and we also know Endgame is already the biggest of all time.

Also nice comedy act.

December 2021 you'll see just how small this acheivement is of Endgame.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, setna said:

Hey Charlie, i don´t understand well your last 2 posts.

In the first, you say EG is all time champ, and after you say Titanic is....

Can you explain this, please?

Also you mention EG is winner in admissions worldwide, i don´t think EG is beating in admisssions to Titanic...

Thanks in advance!

Admissions higher than Avatar. LC higher than Titanic & Avatar (If we have fixed ER for all countries, EG will be ahead).

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

19 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I am MCU fan. I will speak for my fandom with whatever facts I can find.

There's facts and then there's just blatantly stirring the pot, and on this page you started to stir that pot, despite being absolutely no reason to do anything like that. I know you're on the younger side but around here you are still someone people look up to so maybe try to not get into these silly fanboy wars by stirring a pot that's been stirred more than enough as it is.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Charlie your MCU bias is showing again!

Also nice comedy act.

December 2021 you'll see just how small this acheivement is of Endgame.

Is there another MCU planned for dec 2021 that I don't know of? :wintf:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

My MCU mates, hear me and rejoice.

We are no laymen, who need to wait for official updates or just dollar values to understand box office. We all know how important factor Exchange rates are; and we also know Endgame is already the biggest of all time.

Not only local currencies; we have admissions record handily.

If Endgame do that $2.79 Billion, good. 

If Not, its already the biggest of all time.

AEG:

Biggest movie adjusting XR for Titanic, Avatar and AEG. That's safe.

Probably bigger than Avatar in admissions, too. Avatar was huge in developed markets with high TP, so that's totally possible.

But the biggest of all time needs some perspective, cause it's not the biggest adjusted for inflation and market growth, we now all agreed that Titanic was bigger. And as for Avatar there is much opinion and much less facts wether it would be bigger adjusted for inflation and market growth and we'll probably never have enough facts for that cause there is much what if in those scenarios

So: if you mean it's the biggest ever adjusted for XR only, you're right and probably everyone has to accept this. Everything further (especially some talk about AEG is more impressive than Avatar or vice versa) is just opinion (you could argue that if you adjust for XR and nothing else it's arbitrariness) and probably doesn't lead anywhere. Maybe it should be part of its own thread...

So please make clearer what you really mean and don't induce much more "discussions" by staying diffuse...

• Thanks 1

From DHD:

Endgame ended its run in China with $629.1M and in the UK has now passed $110M. Regionally, the grosses are an all-time industry high of $1.11B in Asia-Pacific; $505M in Europe where it is the No. 5 movie ever; and $246M in Latin America, also the all-time industry high.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

From DHD:

Endgame ended its run in China with $629.1M and in the UK has now passed $110M. Regionally, the grosses are an all-time industry high of $1.11B in Asia-Pacific; $505M in Europe where it is the No. 5 movie ever; and $246M in Latin America, also the all-time industry high.

I remember it said $257M in Latin America week or 2 weeks ago

No matter what Endgame made, Avatar's run will always be far more impressive (and I LOVE both films, Avatar has the edge though), it opened at 241M WW, 241 MILLION ONLY ! And it managed to make its way to 2.75 billion + (without rerelease). Endgame opened at 1.2 BILLION ! and will either fall short of Avatar or barely pass it. I mean, this is crazy.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

No matter what Endgame made, Avatar's run will always be far more impressive (and I LOVE both films, Avatar has the edge though), it opened at 241M WW, 241 MILLION ONLY ! And it managed to make its way to 2.75 billion + (without rerelease). Endgame opened at 1.2 BILLION ! and will either fall short of Avatar or barely pass it. I mean, this is crazy.

Well , that's just your opinion.

• Like 1