kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Agreed.  If this were an an extended cut and we got even 10-15 minutes of new material then I could see getting excited about the possibilities - but reportedly it's one scene (even two or three might make this more exciting) added on the end with some promo for Spider-Man and a tribute to Stan Lee.

Straight from the horse's mouth:

https://twitter.com/Marvel?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

32 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Yeah, it's happening. 

31 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

We'll see what happens, but I don't think this by itself will be enough to pass Avatar. I think they'll need another re-release with a bigger marketing push and an actual extended cut to do it.

There is absolutely no reason for this to go worldwide other than an attempt of breaking the worldwide record. I think people that are saying it's only 4-days and it's over are fooling themselves, there is an obvious demand for this more so than Dark Phoenix and other films that failed recently.

It won't cross the worldwide record NOW, but until the Labor Day Weekend, it's going down. Just like @Shawn projected long before this was announced.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah, the phrasing of the ads does not indicate this is only for the weekend. Remember, regardless if whether it will or won't, however they don't Disney thinks it's enough to beat the record, meaning it's likely not that short.

Endgame is the best companion film to have along with Far From Home. The fact that this is confirmed global is huge, and I think we have been arguing for so long that we forget how this makes perfect sense to happen. Endgame and Far From Home are completely different than Infinity War and Ant-Man & Wasp. Endgame is arguably going for the biggest film of all time, and Far From Home is a direct sequel to it. 

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we get some completely unexpected numbers this weekend and even more so next weekend. 

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

It’s happening.

Well this will severely impact the performance in a bad way. My projection is now basically a fanboy's dream. With only this added content there is zero chance that this will touch 30 millions for the weekend of 28-30th in US if they don't increase the number of theaters dramatically(at very least over 2000) and said theaters have several hundred people per day attending . With current situation (985 screens) absolute theoretical max in US is around 15 millions for the weekend. We can only hope that fans might go to see it several days after 30th June out of emotions (because of the deleted scene which might feature Tony Stark seeing his daughter) . But given the above dethroning Avatar isn't a done deal and is more likely to miss it by 5+ millions ...

Damn it and I was projection some insane numbers 🙂 . Anyway hope dies the last 🙂 . Anyway, when I think about it, what the hell was I thinking 🙂 . Endgame wasn't supposed to have any mid credit and after credits content. And it's not like they can film it out of sudden in several days. Fact that slipped through my mind is that, even Disney wasn't expecting this to come so close to Avatar, in other words this expansion is decision made in a haste, cause opportunity for claiming the WW throne presented itself. And I totally haven't thought about that. Actually Disney made and excellent job. They first created a hype and were ambiguous about the content of this expansion, to attract as many as possible hardcore fanboys tickets pre-orders for 28-30th June . Than were slowly revealing what will this be about. So they couldn't done it better and didn't have a better time than the date above. And I ignored those simple facts and came up with locked bold 30+ millions 🙂 .

Well I correct myself. My absolutely hardcore optimistic projection would be around 15 million weekend in US and more realistic(still leaning towards optimism 🙂 ) around 9 millions . And that's in case 985 screens stays, which seems at present. But I still hope for some major increase in screen numbers and 30+ millions US weekend 🙂 . C'mon Feige you can do it 🙂 !

20 minutes ago, Danilo018 said:

Well this will severely impact the performance in a bad way. My projection is now basically a fanboy's dream. With only this added content there is zero chance that this will touch 30 millions for the weekend of 28-30th in US if they don't increase the number of theaters dramatically(at very least over 2000) and said theaters have several hundred people per day attending . With current situation (985 screens) absolute theoretical max in US is around 15 millions for the weekend. We can only hope that fans might go to see it several days after 30th June out of emotions (because of the deleted scene which might feature Tony Stark seeing his daughter) . But given the above dethroning Avatar isn't a done deal and is more likely to miss it by 5+ millions ...

Damn it and I was projection some insane numbers 🙂 . Anyway hope dies the last 🙂 . Anyway, when I think about it, what the hell was I thinking 🙂 . Endgame wasn't supposed to have any mid credit and after credits content. And it's not like they can film it out of sudden in several days. Fact that slipped through my mind is that, even Disney wasn't expecting this to come so close to Avatar, in other words this expansion is decision made in a haste, cause opportunity for claiming the WW throne presented itself. And I totally haven't thought about that. Actually Disney made and excellent job. They first created a hype and were ambiguous about the content of this expansion, to attract as many as possible hardcore fanboys tickets pre-orders for 28-30th June . Than were slowly revealing what will this be about. So they couldn't done it better and didn't have a better time than the date above. And I ignored those simple facts and came up with locked bold 30+ millions 🙂 .

Well I correct myself. My absolutely hardcore optimistic projection would be around 15 million weekend in US and more realistic(still leaning towards optimism 🙂 ) around 9 millions . And that's in case 985 screens stays, which seems at present. But I still hope for some major increase in screen numbers and 30+ millions US weekend 🙂 . C'mon Feige you can do it 🙂 !

Endgame was still going for $2.765-2.77B without the expansion / re-release. This is a global re-release and right before Far From Home. The push is more than enough to get Endgame there. After the next two weekends, no one will be questioning that it will happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

question , i hope you wont mind, but could they add more theaters ? i mean is this number locked ?

This is just an estimate. We'll know more by Thursday, when we get updated theater counts. My guess, it's gonna be over 2000.