kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

Well I'm happy to see that what I heard checks out and that they're indeed doubling the theater count this weekend. We could potentially see a 150% increase from the last weekend, at least that's what I'm expecting, $4-5 million domestically. Possibly a similar number OS too, maybe slightly lower. So that would be around $2.763-2.765 billion worldwide by the end of the week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Well I'm happy to see that what I heard checks out and that they're indeed doubling the theater count this weekend. We could potentially see a 150% increase from the last weekend, at least that's what I'm expecting, $4-5 million domestically. Possibly a similar number OS too, maybe slightly lower. So that would be around $2.763-2.765 billion worldwide by the end of the week.

os is more tricky i would say to predict, could have a weekend of 5 or even of 10 , yeah maybe 10 its unlikely , however it seems to be globaly, at least in most countries, and depending on the platorms, theaters,screens etc could happen, for os my range is 5-10

again i am not saying that it will happen

Edited by john2000

11 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

os is more tricky i would say to predict, could have a weekend of 5 or even of 10 , yeah maybe 10 its unlikely , however it seems to be globaly, at least in most countries, and depending on the platorms, theaters,screens etc could happen, for os my range is 5-10

again i am not saying that it will happen

Let's round up those 1950+ screens to 2000 for easier calc. Now not all of those 2000 screens will be equal in size, as we all know. Some will be small other big, third average ... As far as internet info goes average number of seats in US screens is 225 . I've found info that some multiplexes have screens with over 400 seats. And by seeing US theaters program, Endgame can still be seen 2 times per day in large(est) auditorium in multiplexes and theaters. Correct me if I'm (absolutely) wrong on any data. Anyway let's continue Given all of that let's make assumption that the average attendance will be 300 (lower end) to 400 (higher end)  people per screen(average screen has 225 seats in US and I'm fully aware about small screen, but as far as I have seen they are in minority and large to very large screens can have 2 times per day showing of Endgame) . And for the calc I will use average theater price in US  of 9.01$ per Mojo for lower end and average price of 13$(when I was checking, tickets for Endgame were in range of 11-16$) for higher end. Also I'll use rounded 2.27 multiplier for weekend. I'm assuming the exact same performance like opening weekend(Friday was 157mil and total was 357mil; 357:157=2.27) Let's do the math.

2000x300x9.01x2.27 = 12 271 620

2000x300x13x2.27 = 17 706 000

Higher end

2000x400x9.01x2.27 = 16 362 160

2000x400x13x2.27 = 23 608 000

So going by my calc absolutely safe bet is 12 271 620 - 23 608 000$ . Note that average price for Endgame will be 13$ and probably more (when Imax is included) but average theater price of 9.01 for 2019 per Mojo would compensate for underperformance. When adding some common sense also, this can't go lower than 10 million for 28-30th weekend in US and in my opinion it's safe to say this is doing at least 20 milion. As I mentioned before I'm seeing opposite performance for 28-30th June than OS:US=70:30 in other words for 28-30th my opinion is that US will contribute with 70% of total gross. Summa summarum of 10mil and 20mil US performance is 14mil WW and 28mil WW. Going by the current trend by Thurday Endgame will be around 2.752b so gross on 1st of July should be in range of 2.766b-2.780b . And I'm leaning closer to 2.780b. 

In my optimistic scenario I see 2.780b+ or to be more precise close Avatar's gross 🙂 .

If this extension only had some Phase 4 revelation 🙂 ....

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

12 minutes ago, Danilo018 said:

Let's round up those 1950+ screens to 2000 for easier calc. Now not all of those 2000 screens will be equal in size, as we all know. Some will be small other big, third average ... As far as internet info goes average number of seats in US screens is 225 . I've found info that some multiplexes have screens with over 400 seats. And by seeing US theaters program, Endgame can still be seen 2 times per day in large(est) auditorium in multiplexes and theaters. Correct me if I'm (absolutely) wrong on any data. Anyway let's continue Given all of that let's make assumption that the average attendance will be 300 (lower end) to 400 (higher end)  people per screen(average screen has 225 seats in US and I'm fully aware about small screen, but as far as I have seen they are in minority and large to very large screens can have 2 times per day showing of Endgame) . And for the calc I will use average theater price in US  of 9.01$ per Mojo for lower end and average price of 13$(when I was checking, tickets for Endgame were in range of 11-16$) for higher end. Also I'll use rounded 2.27 multiplier for weekend. I'm assuming the exact same performance like opening weekend(Friday was 157mil and total was 357mil; 357:157=2.27) Let's do the math.

Higher end

So going by my calc absolutely safe bet is 12 271 620 - 23 608 000$ . Note that average price for Endgame will be 13$ and probably more (when Imax is included) but average theater price of 9.01 for 2019 per Mojo would compensate for underperformance. When adding some common sense also, this can't go lower than 10 million for 28-30th weekend in US and in my opinion it's safe to say this is doing at least 20 milion. As I mentioned before I'm seeing opposite performance for 28-30th June than OS:US=70:30 in other words for 28-30th my opinion is that US will contribute with 70% of total gross. Summa summarum of 10mil and 20mil US performance is 14mil WW and 28mil WW. Going by the current trend by Thurday Endgame will be around 2.752b so gross on 1st of July should be in range of 2.766b-2.780b . And I'm leaning closer to 2.780b. 

In my optimistic scenario I see 2.780b+ or to be more precise close Avatar's gross 🙂 .

That's mental dude, you're basically stretching the fabric of reality with some of those calculations. To say you're going ballistic with your prediction would be an understatement! But sure, go for it and power to you for having the guts to post such numbers. At least you cover a pretty big range, so there's that, but your upper limit is just crazy!

15 minutes ago, Danilo018 said:

Higher end

Avengers is not getting largest screen in any theaters I know nor its getting Imax/PLF. There is no way its even coming near ballpark of those numbers. Only fans are going to show up. Normally it would have grossed around 1.4m and could add another million or almost double that. its better to keep expectations in check.

11 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Very limited release here.  Event Cinemas has 10am Saturday/Sunday screenings in standard theatres or nothing.

Are we sure that all the theaters were announced yet? Here in Brazil we don't even have screenings going for it just yet.

More reason for me to believe that this isn't just 4 days: this will coincide with Far From Home, and it will be something going for the upcoming weeks.

Edited by ZattMurdock

7 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Are we sure that all the theaters were announced yet? Here in Brazil we don't even have screenings going for it just yet.

More reason for me to believe that this isn't just 4 days: this will coincide with Far From Home, and it will be something going for the upcoming weeks.

I'm sure this specific release will be in theaters for the remainder of Endgame's run, but I'm not sure if that matters. People going to see Endgame again for the extra stuff at the end will go this weekend. After this weekend, Endgame will drop out of the top 10 again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

I'm sure this specific release will be in theaters for the remainder of Endgame's run, but I'm not sure if that matters. People going to see Endgame again for the extra stuff at the end will go this weekend. After this weekend, Endgame will drop out of the top 10 again.

I think it will carry through the next weekend, with a significant boost during the weekdays in the domestic market. Endgame isn't running against the other films in the top 10. After the re-release, it will play to its own beat.

24 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Very limited release here.  Event Cinemas has 10am Saturday/Sunday screenings in standard theatres or nothing.

Mexico too. Only one late night show in a few theatres. Reminds me of Once Upon a Deadpool. 

• Sad 1

domestic I don’t see theaters having listing beyond monday. So once Spidey opens I see theater counts drop as well. its not going to have inflated theater counts for too long. its a quick weekend boost for fanbase. It will continue its “normal” run for a while until digital release.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, druv10 said:

This is just an estimate. We'll know more by Thursday, when we get updated theater counts. My guess, it's gonna be over 2000.

FWIW, AMC Lincoln Square added it again this Friday, but is only giving it two showtimes. 12:15pm and 6:35pm.
Kind of lackluster for a re-release or re-expansion or whatever. 

The good news though is that the 6:35pm show is already 1/3 full, even though tickets only just went on sale.

It's also in one of their large theatres. 

EDIT: The even worse news. They do indeed seem to be dropping those showtimes once FFH releases on Tuesday....

Edited by VanillaSkies

17 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

domestic I don’t see theaters having listing beyond monday. So once Spidey opens I see theater counts drop as well. its not going to have inflated theater counts for too long. its a quick weekend boost for fanbase. It will continue its “normal” run for a while until digital release.

When a release is so far into its run, isn’t it normal to have theater showings listed just until 5 days or so? Genuine question, since this is something that happens here with the the Brazilian arm of Fandango.

Not sure if I’m making myself to make sense here, but what I’m saying is that it’s possible to have listings added as the days go. It’s like that here at least, especially after a film is well into its run.

Edited by ZattMurdock

9 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

FWIW, AMC Lincoln Square added it again this Friday, but is only giving it two showtimes. 12:15pm and 6:35pm.
Kind of lackluster for a re-release or re-expansion or whatever. 

The good news though is that the 6:35pm show is already 1/3 full, even though tickets only just went on sale.

It's also in one of their large theatres. 

EDIT: The even worse news. They do indeed seem to be dropping those showtimes once FFH releases on Tuesday....

I wouldn't worry right now. My guess theaters are in wait and see approach. If the showings they've allotted to EG sell well or better than other movies, it'll keep the showings. Basic supply and demand approach. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

When a release is so far into its run, isn’t it normal to have theater showings listed just until 5 days or so? Genuine question, since this is something that happens here with the the Brazilian arm of Fandango here.

Not sure if I’m making myself to make sense here, but what I’m saying is that it’s possible to have listings added as the days go. It’s like that here, at least, especially after a film is well into its run.

In the domestic market, generally all theatres will release showtimes for Friday - Thursday. 

So the fact that the showtimes for Endgame end on Monday when Spiderman opens, while the rest of the movies in release continue to have showtimes on Wednesday - Thursday posted already, it's a pretty good indication that those 900+ theatres that are re-adding it this weekend are only doing so for the weekend. And as I mentioned, AMC seems to only be giving it two showtimes a day. 

To be quite honest, and this is coming from someone who has been quite optimistic in this thread, I find this to be a rather disappointing "re-release" or whatever they are calling it. It's going to be too short lived and too small scale to make much of a difference. 

Unless they are also planning a Labor Day re-release, I don't see how it makes it past the finish line at this point. 

At least with Labor Day they might have been able to get IMAX and PLF screens back. Currently they are all taken though. 

Oh well. 
I guess if it doesn't make the record, it doesn't make the record. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

In the domestic market, generally all theatres will release showtimes for Friday - Thursday. 

So the fact that the showtimes for Endgame end on Monday when Spiderman opens, while the rest of the movies in release continue to have showtimes on Wednesday - Thursday posted already, it's a pretty good indication that those 900+ theatres that are re-adding it this weekend are only doing so for the weekend. And as I mentioned, AMC seems to only be giving it two showtimes a day. 

To be quite honest, and this is coming from someone who has been quite optimistic in this thread, I find this to be a rather disappointing "re-release" or whatever they are calling it. It's going to be too short lived and too small scale to make much of a difference. 

Unless they are also planning a Labor Day re-release, I don't see how it makes it past the finish line at this point. 

At least with Labor Day they might have been able to get IMAX and PLF screens back. Currently they are all taken though. 

Oh well. 
I guess if it doesn't make the record, it doesn't make the record. 

This whole situation seems like overreacting to me. Here in Brazil we don’t even get the screening listings yet. I’d say that keeping an ear on the buzz thread and waiting for the upcoming days is wise. Theaters might still be waiting to see how the demand for this will be, and today is still Tuesday.

I’ll wait until Thursday to see what is the extent of the re-release in the domestic and overseas market.