kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

20 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

This whole situation seems like overreacting to me. Here in Brazil we don’t even get the screening listings yet. I’d say that keeping an ear on the buzz thread and waiting for the upcoming days is wise. Theaters might still be waiting to see how the demand for this will be, and today is still Tuesday.

I’ll wait until Thursday to see what is the extent of the re-release in the domestic and overseas market.

With all due respect, you asked the question about how things work here in the domestic market. 
Yes, we will get final numbers on Thursday which will include any of the theatres that have not yet posted showtimes for this upcoming week starting Friday, but those that already have are set in stone. They've already listed showtimes for all the movies/theatre space they have and started selling tickets to those shows. They can't bump shows now if they've already started selling tickets. 

You can see here, Lincoln Square has posted all showtimes for all movies on Friday;

https://www.amctheatres.com/showtimes/all/2019-06-28/amc-lincoln-square-13/all

I don't think it's an over-reaction at all. 

In fact, I'd say that I'm being more realistic than some. Again, I've been someone on this thread who has been under the impression that this was still going to make it past that finish line, and you can go through the history of these pages for proof if you'd like.

But this seems like a botched re-release to me. And that is a matter of opinion. You can't tell me my opinion is any less valid than yours. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VanillaSkies said:

With all due respect, you asked the question about how things work here in the domestic market. 
Yes, we will get final numbers on Thursday which will include any of the theatres that have not yet posted showtimes for this upcoming week starting Friday, but those that already have are set in stone. They've already listed showtimes for all the movies/theatre space they have and started selling tickets to those shows. They can't bump shows now if they've already started selling tickets. 

You can see here, Lincoln Square has posted all showtimes for all movies on Friday;

https://www.amctheatres.com/showtimes/all/2019-06-28/amc-lincoln-square-13/all

I don't think it's an over-reaction at all. 

In fact, I'd say that I'm being more realistic than some. Again, I've been someone on this thread who has been under the impression that this was still going to make it past that finish line, and you can go through the history of these pages for proof if you'd like.

But this seems like a botched re-release to me. And that is a matter of opinion. You can't tell me my opinion is any less valid than yours. 

I didn’t mean to say that any opinion is more valid than others, if anything your opinion is more important than mine on the subject since you live there. What I said is that things are still a bit hazy, at least in my end. What I’m saying is that I’d not be surprised if more listings would get add added in the upcoming days, I didn’t mean to offend you at all. If that was your takeaway, I apologize because probably got miss in translation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Endgame was still going for $2.765-2.77B without the expansion / re-release. This is a global re-release and right before Far From Home. The push is more than enough to get Endgame there. After the next two weekends, no one will be questioning that it will happen.

You're saying Endgame will make another $15-22M off of a $3.5M global weekend without any extra push? That seems, lightly put, optimistic.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

domestic I don’t see theaters having listing beyond monday. So once Spidey opens I see theater counts drop as well. its not going to have inflated theater counts for too long. its a quick weekend boost for fanbase. It will continue its “normal” run for a while until digital release.

And we still consider this as "re-release" or "re expansion"? Lol

2 hours ago, VanillaSkies said:

In the domestic market, generally all theatres will release showtimes for Friday - Thursday. 

So the fact that the showtimes for Endgame end on Monday when Spiderman opens, while the rest of the movies in release continue to have showtimes on Wednesday - Thursday posted already, it's a pretty good indication that those 900+ theatres that are re-adding it this weekend are only doing so for the weekend. And as I mentioned, AMC seems to only be giving it two showtimes a day. 

To be quite honest, and this is coming from someone who has been quite optimistic in this thread, I find this to be a rather disappointing "re-release" or whatever they are calling it. It's going to be too short lived and too small scale to make much of a difference. 

Unless they are also planning a Labor Day re-release, I don't see how it makes it past the finish line at this point. 

At least with Labor Day they might have been able to get IMAX and PLF screens back. Currently they are all taken though. 

Oh well. 
I guess if it doesn't make the record, it doesn't make the record. 

And we still can call it "rerelease" or "reexpansion" at this point? LoL

40 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

You're saying Endgame will make another $15-22M off of a $3.5M global weekend without any extra push? That seems, lightly put, optimistic.

15 is actually pretty reasonable. It was an 8M week with good drops.    

22 really strains belief though.

18 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

And we still consider this as "re-release" or "re expansion"? Lol

It is a re-expansion. It's roughly doubling the theater count domestically, maybe more. Obviously not a re-release, that hasn't been a good way to describe it at any point since we first heard about it. Something obviously can't be "re-released" when it's in the tenth week of actual release.

17 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

It is a re-expansion. It's roughly doubling the theater count domestically, maybe more. Obviously not a re-release, that hasn't been a good way to describe it at any point since we first heard about it. Something obviously can't be "re-released" when it's in the tenth week of actual release.

Imo, Re expansion is used to discribe something lasting at least 2 weeks. This is just in 4 days and after that, everything turns back to its "normal run". 

It should be called little boost for FFH or expasion 4 days.

On a global scale, it is even worse.... my country at this point wont have it and many other countries also...

Edited by danhtruong5

Let us wait and watch. After Monday, it will play based on demand. if its there Multiplex will play it.

BTW I heard digital release is happening end of July. That is incredibly early for such a huge BO phenomenon. It will not help it have a long productive run. I wish after all major movies have opened Endgame could have an expansion for a week or 2 in PLF/Imax before IT 2 opens.

• Thanks 1

Showtimes aren't scheduled to end on Tues.  Probably more of a theater to theater basis and aside from SM nothing else is opening and there may be several other current films with lower PTAS they can cut (there already are at least domestically)

Domestic- Regal is doing a promo for 1000 points for AEG tickets bought for 6/28 to 7/4. (Fri - Thur)   I think I saw another promotion where they said it's until 7/11.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

It’s doing really well on Pulse right now, so hopefully that keeps up. I’ve gone from thinking this re-release will kill it to thinking it won’t do much and back again many times today. Can’t wait to see how it all shakes out. This tweet hopefully is a good sign. I will be worried if this is not more sorted out by this time tomorrow.