Malaysia

Russia - Only IMAX theatres.

Belgian

Sweden

Spain

Israel

Chile

Anymore?

Wow, Russia is getting Endgame in IMAX again?! Here is hoping the same happens in Brazil.

1 hour ago, john2000 said:

doubt it, as it seems that it will be worldwide

True, this will absolutely make a dent, but there are still too many unknowns to know exactly how much of a dent. Like for example we have no clue how many theaters we're talking about and what kind of exposure will this push get from Disney. We're also talking about a movie starting its 3rd month in theaters so it's important for people to keep their expectations in check. The numbers don't exactly point towards there being much demand for this "re-release", but it's happening because frankly this is it, this is their best shot for the rest of the summer. There's no other movie as compatible with Endgame as Spider-Man will be, and they absolutely had to pull the trigger before it was too late and the number had dropped too hard.

But you know what will work in Endgame's favor? Just how absolutely shitty this month has been. All these blockbusters failed to deliver but you know what absolutely delivered way back in April? Why it was that little movie, Avengers: Endgame, so maybe if people see it pushed to the front out there, with some extra stuff in it and Spider-Man coming the week after, maybe they decide to buy a ticket to that instead of shitty remake/sequel number 11 with a 25% on RT. To give you the most basic example, my brother asked me what he should see this weekend between Dark Phoenix and Men in Black (he already saw Godzilla, otherwise that would have been easily the pick). I of course told him to go for MiB because with that one there will at least be a couple laughs instead of tears (for what they did to the X-Men franchise). With those sort of choices out there hell yeah people will go for Endgame again.

48 minutes ago, Shanks said:

IMAX only. Just for 4 days though. 

I tried to look it up, but I didn’t see confirmations for several of the countries you mentioned, and I tried real hard to find about the Russia 4-day IMAX re-release but found nothing. Where have you seen that?

21 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I tried to look it up, but I didn’t see confirmations for several of the countries you mentioned, and I tried real hard to find about the Russia 4-day IMAX re-release but found nothing. Where have you seen that?

Users from several countries are saying in Reddit that the film is going to re-release in their countries

Edited by raulbalarezo

2 hours ago, Shanks said:

Endgame Rerelease- Confirmed Countries:

US

UK

Germany

Australia & NZ
Brazil

Malaysia

Russia - Only IMAX theatres.

Belgian

Sweden

Spain

Israel

Chile

Anymore?

Might as well add SK to it.

Presales are over 7500, now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Shanks said:

IMAX only. Just for 4 days though. 

Hmmm, we'll take it!
At least they are releasing it in the most expensive format. 

I really wonder how long it will be in all markets, and in the US market if that means it will play double bill with Spiderman starting July 2nd. 

As we know from Charlie, in the domestic box office, all double features have the total added to both movies, so that could give AEG a nice boos throughout the first week of July. 

4 minutes ago, druv10 said:

http://kobis.or.kr/kobis/mobile/main/findRealTicketList.do

Scroll down to EG, it's up to 6th in presales.

Sorry, I have another stupid question. 

The rest of the films on the list are already in release so the bulk of their presales are for tomorrow, whereas Avengers is mostly out of theatres at the moment, so the bulk of it's presales are for this upcoming weekend, correct?

That makes it pretty strong if it's already at 7521 PS

• Like 1

4 hours ago, druv10 said:

http://kobis.or.kr/kobis/mobile/main/findRealTicketList.do

Scroll down to EG, it's up to 6th in presales.

isn't that too small a number to make a big difference. Plus will the boost be really short lived for most passionate fanbase?

Anyway Korea and Brazil would be two of the interesting markets to track next weekend. Let us see the boost. I definitely believe Endgame will be boosted over the Avatar.

• Like 1