kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

5 hours ago, john2000 said:

key word, prediction, it maybe true or wrong

Some people make predictions based on pixie dust, magic rainbows and wishful thinking (I'm obviously exaggerating here, it's usually just one of those three, mostly the last one since the first two are very hard to find) while others make educated guesses based on the data we have available about the movie they are tracking. There's a very big difference there. Not everyone that says something another person doesn't like is necessarily a troll. And yes, that is stating the obvious, but in this case it's not obvious for everyone. Not talking about you, of course, just in general.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Moses said:

Thursday numbers at 860000

Just 4%from Wednesday

Can we see weekend around 5.5 millions???

also the wednesday number was also very very good, it had a 25% drop,

we will see

Edited by john2000

Just now, cdsacken said:

Lost a 1000 screen because or FLOP2. So pissed about that.

agreed, also 900 not 1000 :d, still it remains to be seen how much the impact will be, and with both dp and pets 2 underperfoming, it may well hold better, and also really while it lost screens, if you see its previous weekend, one weekend it lost 400, and the other it lost 700, however both times the drop % was almost the same, i am not saying that 900 screen loss wont have an impact, but it remains to be seen just how much

51 minutes ago, john2000 said:

agreed, also 900 not 1000 :d, still it remains to be seen how much the impact will be, and with both dp and pets 2 underperfoming, it may well hold better, and also really while it lost screens, if you see its previous weekend, one weekend it lost 400, and the other it lost 700, however both times the drop % was almost the same, i am not saying that 900 screen loss wont have an impact, but it remains to be seen just how much

Its holding really well, I think that will continue regardless of screen loss.

However, you cant isolate the effect of screen loss by looking at past weekends because you dont know how well it would have done on those weekends without such screen loss. Perhaps it would have only dropped 30% last weekend had not lost so many screens, so the fact that the drops were the same between the two weekends is inconclusive.

Our best bet, I think, is to look at IW's performance. They had overlapped for a time before AEG encountered considerably more screen competition. I do suspect somewhat of a causal relationship, in which case I think we can expect good holds from here on, if only slightly worse on weekends when it faces multiple rival studio releases 

Edited by Justin4125
  • Like 1

Just looked back at numbers of IW in some Latin America countries and compared to numbers of EG so far and realised that the ER seemed to become worse after just one year.

That number of EG in Venezuela is ridiculous so far $801K comparing to the total of $6M of IW last year.... The ER totally collapsed there.