kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

15 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I doubt they ever transfer record in their mind like that and I imagine what matter for the group of people currently in charge is what they did themselve a group of people, not Disney (why would they particularly care about Disney at all ?)

Turner buying MGM didn't really gave them the all time biggest movie record in accomplishment.

That’s true. I guess it up to Disney with whatever movie think should be number 1 and benefits them the most 

24 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

That’s true. I guess it up to Disney with whatever movie think should be number 1 and benefits them the most 

That could be a "complex" calculation, you probably want to reward Marvel studio and everyone involved with that trivia honor moment, but at what cost and so on, probably ready to spend quite a bit to make them happy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

•‎6th
-weekend (8) [-52%] = 815.7
-‎weekdays (4) = 819.7

•‎7th 
-weekend (5.3) [-34%] = 825 <= Dark Phoenix
-‎weekdays (2.7) = 827.7

•‎8th 
-weekend (3.6) [-32%] = 831.3 <= Men in Black
-‎weekdays (2.1) = 833.4

•‎9th (4.1) [-29%] = 837.5 <= Toy Story 4

•‎10th (3) [-25%] = 840.5 <= Pre-Spider-Man

•‎11th (3.5) [-0%] = 844 <= Far From Home

•12th (2.5) [-33%] = 846.5 <= Post-Spider-Man

•13th (2) [-20%] = 848.5 <= The Lion King

•14th (1.5) [-25%] = 850

=> Final = $853M (2.40x multiplier), 859M with Labour Day Expansion

A lot of "if" here. But historical data proved that it could be done.

giphy.gif

Look at the Monday numbers, man. By Thursday Endgame will be around $819.5M (or less), and this weekend X-Men and Pets arrives. One is the direct competition (PG-13, superhero, Marvel movie), the other is a film for the families, and both combined will generate a profit over $100M during this weekend. IW had only Ocean's 8 and Hereditary during its 7th weekend. Endgame is gonna drop hard again.

In fact, except Memorial Day weekend, Endgame is keep dropping over 50% every freakin' weekend so far. I don't get it, why so many fans are still trying to convince themselves that the legs will start to be so much better (-34% drops or better! LOL). Not until Spider-Man in early July, sorry.

By this Sunday, Avengers would be at around $823-823.5M, and maybe over $826M by the next Thursday. By the end of its 8th weekend it will be still under $830M (maybe even won't touch $829M). Your forecast is ridiculously optimistic. :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, Juby said:

giphy.gif

Look at the Monday numbers, man. By Thursday Endgame will be around $819.5M (or less), and this weekend X-Men and Pets arrives. One is the direct competition (PG-13, superhero, Marvel movie), the other is a film for the families, and both combined will generate a profit over $100M during this weekend. IW had only Ocean's 8 and Hereditary during its 7th weekend. Endgame is gonna drop hard again.

In fact, except Memorial Day weekend, Endgame is keep dropping over 50% every freakin' weekend so far. I don't get it, why so many fans are still trying to convince themselves that the legs will start to be so much better (-34% drops or better! LOL). Not until Spider-Man in early July, sorry.

By this Sunday, Avengers would be at around $823-823.5M, and maybe over $826M by the next Thursday. By the end of its 8th weekend it will be still under $830M (maybe even won't touch $829M). Your forecast is ridiculously optimistic. :rolleyes:

Dark Phoenix has a 15% RT score. I doubt that it will drop as hard as you think. 

First of all, You really don't have to quote ALL I"VE WRITTEN in that post, one-two sentences with X-Men should be enough.

Second of all, Suicide Squad, BvS, and Transformers films had great OW with terrible reviews on RT. Even with 15% RT score, Dark Phoenix will easily get +$40M this weekend, and Pets should go over $60M, Godzilla will hit +$16M, Alladin +$20M, Rocketman $15M, and so on. . . Another big drop is inevitable.

Edited by Juby
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 2

Just now, Juby said:

First of all, You really don't have to quote ALL I"VE WRITTEN, one sentence with X-Men would be enough.

Second of all, Suicide Squad, BvS, and Transformers films had great OW with terrible reviews on RT. Even with 15% RT score, Dark Phoenix would easily get +$40M, and Pets should go over $60M, Godzilla will still hit +$16M, Alladin +$20M. Another big drop is inevitable.

Oh yeah? Let’s see.

34 minutes ago, Juby said:

First of all, You really don't have to quote ALL I"VE WRITTEN in that post, one-two sentences with X-Men should be enough.

Second of all, Suicide Squad, BvS, and Transformers films had great OW with terrible reviews on RT. Even with 15% RT score, Dark Phoenix will easily get +$40M this weekend, and Pets should go over $60M, Godzilla will hit +$16M, Alladin +$20M, Rocketman $15M, and so on. . . Another big drop is inevitable.

easily ? have you been in the tracking thread ? , and for one last time , stop repeating yourself you have made your point clear, repeating yourself wont change what aother people think, we have a range for endgame about where it will end dom, but we dont know  what the accurate total will be, and we wont know for at least a couple weeks, so all this arguements are worthless

Edited by john2000
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, john2000 said:

easily ? have you been in the tracking thread ? , and for one last time , stop repeating yourself you have made your point clear, repeating yourself wont change what aother people think, we have a range for endgame about where it will end dom, but we dont know  what the accurate total will be, and we wont know for at least a couple weeks, so all this arguements are worthless

He obviously dislikes the movie, hence the repeating. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, john2000 said:

Don't get angry, but you are doing exactly the same: repeating again and again the same answer. If you don't like what he is repeating, just ignore him :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Juby said:

Perhaps write less? 

5 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I've not seen a run this impressive in nearly a decade. Well done to Kevin and the guys MCU. 

Sneaky, I see what you did there and I approve. And I bet we won't see one like this for many years to come, at the very least... what is it now? June 5th? A bit over 2 and a half years, right? Right, we probably won't see anything on this level for at least 2 and a half years.

But seriously, is it just me who is supper excited about Phase 4 and getting the rundown of what's to come at some point this summer? Even if we don't get the 3-4 years in advance we got last time, I'm okay even with 2-3 years as long as we have a healthy dose of new and old in there (Asguardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 baby!)

Oh and apparently Endgame had a very nice $1.2 million Tuesday in NA and I'm going to say definitely topped $1.9 billion OS today, so maybe expect an update from Disney on the international numbers. Only the second movie ever to hit that mark!

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

On 6/4/2019 at 5:30 PM, nguyenkhoi282 said:

•‎6th
-weekend (8) [-52%] = 815.7
-‎weekdays (4) = 819.7

•‎7th 
-weekend (5.3) [-34%] = 825 <= Dark Phoenix
-‎weekdays (2.7) = 827.7

•‎8th 
-weekend (3.6) [-32%] = 831.3 <= Men in Black
-‎weekdays (2.1) = 833.4

•‎9th (4.1) [-29%] = 837.5 <= Toy Story 4

•‎10th (3) [-25%] = 840.5 <= Pre-Spider-Man

•‎11th (3.5) [-0%] = 844 <= Far From Home

•12th (2.5) [-33%] = 846.5 <= Post-Spider-Man

•13th (2) [-20%] = 848.5 <= The Lion King

•14th (1.5) [-25%] = 850

=> Final = $853M (2.40x multiplier), 859M with Labour Day Expansion

A lot of "if" here. But historical data proved that it could be done.

This was probably one the most ridiculous things i have seen here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

14 hours ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Steeper drop on weekdays means summer isn't in full effect yet, meaning weekend multiplier will be better. Domestic weekend should still be over 5M, same as OS.

And for god sake Juby do not quote me. Please, enough. 

Judging by Tuesday numbers, summer is now starting to take effect. 

The good news is that Endgame is only down 35% week over week on Tuesday. As we get further into June and more school districts let out for the summer, weekdays are only going to get stronger from here on out. The downside is that means Friday/Saturday jumps will be more muted, but hopefully as a whole the week over week numbers will have better holds than it's been having. 

Hopefully with Spidey ads ramping up now that it's less than a month away, that might also give it a small Captain Marvel type boost. 

As we've said all along though, it ain't over till it's over, and it's going to be a close one regardless of what side of the fence it lands on. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $817,804,438    30.1%
Foreign:  $1,901,800,000    69.9%

Worldwide:  $2,719,604,438  

OS throuugh wednesday, added 3.4m .

Last week's Mon-Wed was 6.6m, so it looks like EG is still down close to 50% week over week. OS total on pace for about 1.912-1.913b.

Domestic is starting to trail IW dailies significantly and looks to finish around 835-840m.

Final total: 2.747b - 2.753b

#1 first release is not locked, and still looks to be a photo finish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 2