That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Serious question: what was the last movie that about a minority (read: anyone who isn't a straight white man) that didn't start out with a low-ish RT score?

Rogue One 

but that was a different era in the SW fanbase. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

7 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

This Thursday would be around 18M to take the total to 790M. Last Thursday was 32M leading to a 164M weekend (5.125x). Same jump and we'll have 90M this weekend.

So add in China's opening weekend and IW will officially be over $1B foreign! Unreal! Anyone know how fast F7, FotF, TFA etc reached that mark?

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Serious question: what was the last movie that about a minority (read: anyone who isn't a straight white man) that didn't start out with a low-ish RT score?

Love Simon

Wonder Woman

Coco

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Acrimony?

Edited by WrathOfHan

BOP predictions and TCs: https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-ant-man-wasp-first-purge/

Ant-Man: 84/225 (OW range of 75-95M)

Purge: 20/55

Upgrade: 3/7.5

Deadpool: 133/319 (+2%) (OW range of 125-150M)

Solo: New range of 120-150M for the 3 day and 145-185M for the 4 day

Action Point: 13.5/34 (-21/-20%) (they say it's tracking like Popstar :winomg: )

Solo: 4,100

I'm done with this argument cuz we're about to get flagged off topic but the idea that black people and their allies are too easily offended when scared ass white people out here calling the police daily because a couple black dudes sat down in a Starbucks or something is the height of hilarious stupidity.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Black people and SJWs are just making up things to be offended by! 

No automatic alt text available.

Hey, maybe I should compile a list of incidents involving white people too!

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Action Point: 13.5/34 (-21/-20%) (they say it's tracking like Popstar :winomg: )

I'm honestly not surprised. It's gonna be largely ignored opening in the midst of infinitely more appealing stuff.

Also, BOM has changed Upgrade to a limited release on June 1 so it's safe to say it's a certified DUMP!

Edited by filmlover

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Hey, maybe I should compile a list of incidents involving white people too!

Doth you protest too much, man. Yikes. Anyone this mad about simply saying "discrimination is very real" has some sort of issue. I'm done with you.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

It would be a miracle if Action Point did 13 mill total. Like, haven't we aged past the Jackass stuff? It's not 2005 anymore. Who cares? That movie looks so fucking dumb

wrong