That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

10 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Best film currently playing rn.  Stop going to see Infinity War for the 5th time y'all, go see Tully

My wife saw Tully, thought it was good but not great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Life of the Party:

4.9M

5.4M (+10%)

6.8M (+25%)

17.1M Weekend

Breaking In:

4.6M

4.8M (+5%)

5.8M (+20%)

15.2M Weekend

I know movies on Mother's Day can increase, but I think it's a little presumptuous to say that they will both increase.  I know they both have the Mother as a main character, but do you think both will benefit from the Sunday?  I guess you could be right.  Snatched increased so I guess both of these can as well.

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I know movies on Mother's Day can increase, but I think it's a little presumptuous to say that they will both increase.  I know they both have the Mother as a main character, but do you think both will benefit from the Sunday?  I guess you could be right.  Snatched increased so I guess both of these can as well.

20-25% will probably happen for LOTP, but Breaking In is a bit trickier because movies aimed at black audiences typically have 40%+ Sunday drops. Given it's Mothers Day, I expect that trend to be bucked, but it could stay flat from Saturday.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Just saw that Regal is doing one of their See 4/Own 4 promos with Universal movies. This applies to Truth or Dare, Breaking In, The First Purge, and....... Halloween? That's a 3 and a half month gap ffs :lol: 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Just saw that Regal is doing one of their See 4/Own 4 promos with Universal movies. This applies to Truth or Dare, Breaking In, The First Purge, and....... Halloween? That's a 3 and a half month gap ffs :lol: 

They could've waited a month to apply the deal so they could've had Unfriended with it.