That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

That is some seriously fugly Friday increases across the entire spectrum... would be one thing if AIW was the only outlier but it had one of the better increases... Fridays have not been behaving "normal" all year - A trend I really started to notice with BP, but Saturdays (last week being the exception) have been on fire.... so strange.

Course I remember the days when family / kiddie films would see 380-450% increases on Fridays and you don't see that anymore either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, narniadis said:

That is some seriously fugly Friday increases across the entire spectrum... would be one thing if AIW was the only outlier but it had one of the better increases... Fridays have not been behaving "normal" all year - A trend I really started to notice with BP, but Saturdays (last week being the exception) have been on fire.... so strange.

Course I remember the days when family / kiddie films would see 380-450% increases on Fridays and you don't see that anymore either.

When did that happen?

Because while increase of above 200% happened quite often (even storks did that a couple of times) but a bigger increase normally only happens when something special happens (like Holiday, Re-expanding, sing along etc.)

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

I hope they don’t give up on that. Will be great to have something rival the Spectre and Passengers fudge to milestones. Buy a Solo ticket, get a WIT ticket free.

Screw BOGO...I remember Atom doing a deal for Silence literally giving 2 free tickets to each person "while supplies last" (probably paid for by the studio)...I'd go for free to see what this is about (but I can't bring myself to even pay the $2 I could see it for now...Sherlock Gnomes is actually more likely for my $2 at the cheap-o)...

Yeah January/February family films like paul blart used to jump 350% on Friday and then still jump 130% on saturday. Tho then they'd fall 40% Sunday and 80% Monday haha.

Basically they'd just not exist during the week lol

• Like 1

DID  try to warn people about AWiT when I saw it had half screens and most of its showings were while kids were by and large still in school.

I might not have made that point explicitly clear, but when I said the vast majority of screenings were before 2pm, I kinda thought it was a self-evident point. ;)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

So when Friday was 15.5 the week-end predictions thrown around were 60M, but now that it increased to 16M friday, we're seeing mostly 58M?

Nice logic

Forget it Dax, it's BOT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

if your product is good competition is irrelevant

If competition is irrelevant the sentence taking advantage of the Avengers moving up become meaningless no ? Because it is irrelevant that it move because it is irrelevant that it is a huge competition.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Like I said ages ago, AIW will do extremely well and possibly break opening weekend record, but will fall short of Black Panther domestically. 

Yup. You’re definitely the first person to say that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am sitting in a theater with just shy of 600 seats in it for a showing of LOTP that starts at the bottom of the hour. There are less than 20 people here with just a couple of minutes to go. This thing will be dead after Mother’s Day.

• Haha 1

On 11/05/2018 at 12:34 PM, Barnack said:

The Ghostbusters one was embarrassing for sure. As you said, the BP one failed. My question is, is this what we are dealing with re: BREAKING IN?

On 11/05/2018 at 12:34 PM, Barnack said:

One of the only trick is to wait for cinemascore and see if there is a major delta...

It got a B and a B+ from female over 25 Cinemascore.

Would take too much effort to know, and with such a small number of user rating it could be easy to be troll manipulated, but even if not, that would be a case that the very small subset of people that have seen the movie and rate movie on RT taste is different than the general audience for that movie.