That One Girl

Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins | July 23 2021 | Robert Schwentke | Henry Golding is Snake Eyes

I think Snake Eyes works better as a silent sidekick who drops in and saves the others then disappears again.

That's what made him so cool in the cartoon.

It looks like they're demystifing him instead of simply making a better GI Joe movie.

Trailer was decent tho.

Edited by grey ghost

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

looks better than i thought it would

Eh the trailer fell flat for me - felt like a netflix film.

But I understand that the action director is Kenji Tanigaki, from Donnie Yen's stunt team. Kenji known for his work in the Rurouni Kenshin movies and one of Donnie Yen's prodigy so I have no doubt the action will be great.

Edited by TigerPaw

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

In this day and age, what makes a film look “like a Netflix film”? 

yeah i dont get that either. It looks like a Marvel film to be honest, i thought it was a good trailer. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Krissykins said:

In this day and age, what makes a film look “like a Netflix film”? 

What I meant was “Straight to Streaming / VOD” type of action films; where there are obvious cuts in between fight scenes and at least from the trailer - lack of clear / wide shot on fight scenes; hence lower my desire to watch it on the biggest screen possible. 

9 hours ago, babz06 said:

yeah i dont get that either. It looks like a Marvel film to be honest, i thought it was a good trailer. 

Not sure whether you are being sarcastic or serious here. I hope it’s the former… 

5 hours ago, DAJK said:

Lmao this will be lucky to cross 50M domestically. Gonna guess around 15/40 for now.

Does anyone know if this is in the same universe as Rise of Cobra/Retaliation?

No

Snake Eye's backstory was featured in those two films and it appears to be wildly different in this one.

• Thanks 1

Trailer bombed. 1.8M views in 19 hours. Sub 40M. Mortal Kombat had more views and hype and still flopped after a solid OW. I can see this doing much better overseas. 

As for the trailer, it looks loads of fun. My kinda martial arts/action movie. R rated would have been great, but oh well.

Edited by marveldcfox