That One Girl

Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins | July 23 2021 | Robert Schwentke | Henry Golding is Snake Eyes

Thanks to TMobile's deal on my 3 phones and my boys expressing interest, I am now the proud owner of 3 tickets for this movie for Tuesday afternoon.  I was NEVER seeing it in theater, but when it literally costs the same as the kids' summer movie series, well, it's our new summer series movie for the week.

PS - My girls passed even though I was willing to buy their tickets at the full discount Tuesday price with no fees (God, I love when the Atom deal waives fees on top of the $5:)...

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

SgD7cn7.gif

Way to set that bar low

b76.gif

Spoiler

This appears to be bad news for my boy Andrew Koji and girl Samara Weaving 

37Mczey.thumb_jpg1.929226070c0dd5f27c31b

Edited by MrPink
  • Sad 1

I mean the trailers were bad. 
And I am saying that as someone who grew up watching martial arts movie and very well aware the the fight choreographer is Kenji - who is a prodigy of Donnie Yen and part of the Donnie Yen stunt team - but it is really hard to choreograph good fight scenes (especially with weapons) for someone who has no martial arts background…

When stunt doubles come along, they will need to settle for camera tricks, constant switching of angles. The fight scenes - at least based on the trailers - looked very shaky..

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Missed opportunity? It's a Snake Eyes origin film in a G.I. Joe universe that gave us two poorly reviewed and forgotten films! What in the world was expected?

It’s a missed opportunity…for Paramount not able to sell this off.

I’m certain now that Amazon isn’t returning their calls anymore 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Missed opportunity? It's a Snake Eyes origin film in a G.I. Joe universe that gave us two poorly reviewed and forgotten films! What in the world was expected?

I expected more from the highly acclaimed director of RED

• Haha 1