The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

22 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Unforgivable. I mean, thats only the best comedy of all time imo :whosad:

I thought unforgivable was quite sad and thrilling. Maybe eastwoods best along with changeling

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

Seven Samurai is great. It kickstarted my interest in Japanese film making and Japan itself. And while it's totally cliche but Kurosawa and Hitchcock are perhaps the two biggest influences on me as a story teller.

And Seven Samurai is so good, that even it's rip-off is a near masterpiece of their genre.

• Like 1

Just now, RandomCat said:

Seven Samurai is great. It kickstarted my interest in Japanese film making and Japan itself. And while it's totally cliche but Kurosawa and Hitchcock are perhaps the two biggest influences on me as a story teller.

And Seven Samurai is so good, that even it's rip-off is a near masterpiece of their genre.

It bet it wasn't cliche at the time. Love that film aswell, think it made my top 20.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Here's 10 more just misses!

176. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

177. Network

178. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe

179. Pinocchio

180. Spider-Man

181. The Prestige

182. How to Train Your Dragon

183. The Life of Brian

184. Gone With the Wind

185. Cinema Paradiso

Good job, BOT...this movie annoys me to no end, so I'm so thankful it didn't just make the top 100 just b/c "it's supposed to":)...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tower said:

She tries to leave the house and he blocks her way and keeps his hand on the door to prevent her from getting out, and then when she won't kiss him he kisses even though she isn't into it. 

Yes, he is the good guy in the movie so of course she starts liking it mid way through, but until that point it looked like false imprisonment followed by sexual assault to me, and was basically like a Harvey Weinstein story but with a good ending. 

If someone learned about relationships from Rocky I could see how they would think that if she says no, just force yourself on her and she will come around. 

Sorry is this Rocky or we still discussing Blade Runner?

I think the old era movies especially before 1980 are in disadvantage when doing this all time best film list. Those movies are super hard to be found and their texture or editing might not longer works for newer generation. 

Like I myself,I always wish to watch some old film like lawrence of arabia, or sound of music but sources are not available 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I think the old era movies especially before 1980 are in disadvantage when doing this all time best film list. Those movies are super hard to be found and their texture or editing might not longer works for newer generation. 

Like I myself,I always wish to watch some old film like lawrence of arabia, or sound of music but sources are not available 

With the internet, its easier than ever to watch older movies legally or illegally. 

• Like 1

Glad Life of Brian made it to somewhere on here but sad that so few people must have voted for it :( 

For all the heretics who didn't include it in their list - line on the left. One cross each.

5 hours ago, That One Guy said:

She’s watching it at 0.25x speed to take in the artistic beauty of each shot

That is certainly one way to put it. 

• Haha 1

Usual Suspects. Something something, twist ending. I don't have much thoughts beyond taking way to long to actually figure out the ending of the movie, which is embarrassing. And it's probably going to take me a while to be comfortable watching the movie again thanks to singer/spacey. But that day will come, and I'll have more thoughts than when I was 15 watching it.

• Like 2

sad to see The Prestige so low...  I do not think Dunkirk would rank much higher because I would assume that The Prestige made about the same amount of lists (or more).

176. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

177. Network

178. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe

179. Pinocchio

180. Spider-Man

181. The Prestige

182. How to Train Your Dragon

183. The Life of Brian

184. Gone With the Wind

185. Cinema Paradiso

• Like 1