The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

Just now, That One Guy said:

Ethan has some pretty good/great takes about 60% of the time.  But then those 40% of takes are so horribly shitty and terrible that you wonder how that 60% even happened in the first place.

I think it’s a 50/50 split tbh

Just now, That One Guy said:

Ethan has some pretty good/great takes about 60% of the time.  But then those 40% of takes are so horribly shitty and terrible that you wonder how that 60% even happened in the first place.

It's not really shitty opinions, he just likes what he likes.  I know this is all in good fun, but we all have films that appeal to us that others might not care for.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

I don't care for Wall E either but then again Pixar doesn't appeal to me all that much.

As for the "classics" I've seen a lot and I still have a lot to see.  There isn't really anything pre 1960 that really blows me away except for Wizard of Oz and It's a Wonderful Life.  Even the ones I do like, such as Casablanca and Maltese Falcon (for example) are just good films but not something that would make my top 100.

Most films pre-2008 are pretty rubbish, let's be fair.

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Enough of this shit guys. This is supposed to be a fun thread. Can we stop with all the garbage, please?

I agree. Let's stop fooling around. I vote we take The Force Awakens off the list and sub it in for City Lights. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

I agree. Let's stop fooling around. I vote we take The Force Awakens off the list and sub it in for City Lights. 

What's City Lights?  

giphy.gif

Just curious, Ethan, what did you like about it?  I'm not criticizing you or mocking you, I'm really curious what it is about the film that appealed to you?

On a serious note I can't say I'm usually engaged by older films. Get to 1970+ and I am pretty game for watching anything but the style of acting in older films is so wooden that I can't get over it. 

What ruk said is correct, make people watch Harry Potter AND whichever old films it was.... and I'd still bet most people alive and kicking in 2018 (well except @Telemachos) will enjoy Harry Potter more. Theres nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

The next movie features Mark Ruffalo, but which one could that be?

In The Cut?  

The first movie to show America's Sweetheart in the buff?

:sparta: