The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Reminder that we, as a forum, have decided that Attack of the Clones is a better movie than Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Actually, blame the two people that listed it as their number 1 movie of all time.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 3

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Reminder that we, as a forum, have decided that Attack of the Clones is a better movie than Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Only A New Hope should be on this list. I absolutely love Star Wars as a franchise and I can see a case for Empire Strikes Back but in general the only two franchises that I think should have two movies on any serious list in consideration is the first two Alien movies and the first two Godfather movies. (Terminator 2 should definitely be on a list even if the first shouldn't). A New Hope's impact on cinema and it's mastery of structure and character tropes it's worldbuilding and groundbreaking visuals and score...yeah that's a Top 100 film.

• Like 1

Clones is a good movie, but shouldn't be on the top 100.

Star Wars and Empire should.

I don't think any of the Marvel films should be except for Avengers. 

T1 and T2 should be.

But these are just my opinions.  This is coming from someone who has Friday the 13th the Final Chapter in his top 100 movies, so take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Only A New Hope should be on this list. I absolutely love Star Wars as a franchise and I can see a case for Empire Strikes Back but in general the only two franchises that I think should have two movies on any serious list in consideration is the first two Alien movies and the first two Godfather movies. (Terminator 2 should definitely be on a list even if the first shouldn't). A New Hope's impact on cinema and it's mastery of structure and character tropes it's worldbuilding and groundbreaking visuals and score...yeah that's a Top 100 film.

If only you would have sent in a list.  Maybe we would have been spared.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Community Manager
Just now, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

If only you would have sent in a list.  Maybe we would have been spared.

Well obviously Marley & Me would have been in my top 5 and this list would have been better for it but I don't have the will to create an actual 100 list. Plus I don't think I've seen enough classic movies to really make a really good list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

I love the Harry Potter movies but are any of them really top 100 movies of all time material? Are the movies really better than Persona, The Tin Drum, or The 400 Blows? 

Why did you tag me Panda? *grumble grumble* now i sound like old @Telemachos

I agree with this even as a HP fan but since this list will be overdosed with Marvel films and include SW films not being from the OT I don't think that DH2 is the least deserving entry.

If I had to pick 1 Harry Potter film making it though that would be Prisoner. It is simply the most magical, the most perfect. DH2's got many messy parts as much as I love it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Never seen Terminator. *shrug*

10 hours ago, Slambros said:

I've never seen this one

You guys have never seen The Terminator? What the hell are You?

Me7U6N.gif

The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi are so high on this list... :whosad:... 200 positions too high.

7 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I forgot to add "in a specific area of the world called USA", guess that doesn't roll of the tongue was well as highest grossing movie of all time.

@Critically Acclaimed Panda respect for putting Jim as a franchise, the berg can probably be one too

If I had to guess Aliens, T2 and Titanic are still to come. Aliens could miss the cut.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

I love the Harry Potter movies but are any of them really top 100 movies of all time material? Are the movies really better than Persona, The Tin Drum, or The 400 Blows? 

Then again this list is already full of really weird choices. I'm sorry but Captain America: The Winter Soldier is definitely not top 100 film material. It's not even top 500 material (even though the top 200 included Jurassic World. Seriously. I enjoy the movie to death but I think we can call it overrated now.) And this is coming from a huge MCU fan [none of the MCU movies should be on this list except for maybe the first Avengers movie and if so that should be pretty low on the list].

Why did you tag me Panda? *grumble grumble* now i sound like old @Telemachos

the force awakens and last jedi shouldn't be on it.

see the critics words (beautifully selected by Panda).

"If the Potter franchise had been cooked up in a studio pitch meeting with storyboards and visual-effects demos, it could never have become the generation-defining phenomenon that it is. It captured the imagination of an era like no cultural event since Beatlemania because it stands on a solid million-word foundation created by J.K. Rowling. She put story and character front and center, and when they're succeeding, the Potter films do, too.

Potter DH2 is a symbol for the whole saga.

This!

25 minutes ago, Juby said:

The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi are so high on this list... :whosad:... 200 positions too high.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

the force awakens and last jedi shouldn't be on it.

No shit. Like I said another post, from Star Wars, I think only A New Hope should be. 

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I don't think any of the Marvel films should be except for Avengers. 

Same Baumer. 

Scream, Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street better be in this list.

I can’t remember if I even voted in this :( 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Same Baumer. 

Scream, Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street better be in this list.

I love Scream and Nightmare on Elm Streer, and also forgot about them in my Top100 :( 

Don't know why people are going on about whether or not Marvel/Star Wars movies 'deserve' to be here. It's a subjective fucking list, deserve ain't got nothing to do with it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3