The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

1 minute ago, RandomCat said:

Wall-E is such a weird film for me. It really depends on what mood I'm in if I think it's great, or just okay. It all comes down if I'm just in the mood for it.

Agreed - 1st part is an A+ for me...but I kinda hated the 2nd part, even though I understood what it was going for...as a full movie, I only ever see it as a B-range movie, even though I appreciate it, so it'd never make my top 100...especially since I like so many other Pixar movies better...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rukaio101 said:

-snip-

Maybe? Depends on the person? Just because you think something's an underrated classic masterpiece of cinema, doesn't mean everyone's going to necessarily agree with you. And neither does it mean that they're going to automatically rate it over something that personally brings them a lot of enjoyment just because it's more mainstream and widely popular.

Like Jake Gittes said, it's not really a question you can easily answer unless you get roughly the same amounts of people to watch both. And even then, it's not much of a guarantee. I've seen tons of classic films of all different types and eras, yet my Top 10 still contains two superhero movies and Speed Racer of all things. Because those are the films that have personally most appealed to me and that I've gained the most enjoyment from. Different people enjoy different things and a lot of popular stuff is popular for a reason.

Definitely agree with this; I've watched several classics as well and hardly any make my top 100 - most are just not my "cup of tea".

• Like 1

I'm glad Harry Potter DH p2 was on the list, it was the 23rd on mine. That franchise helped define a whole generation, you are crazy if you think that generation won't show massive support for it.

With that said, does it mean no more Harry Potter movies will show up? Cause I got Prisoner of Azkaban as my 17th and DH p1 as my 3rd and I'd love to see them showing up as well.

I'd be happy if at least DH p1 showed up, that movie is incredibly endearing, it slowly got to be my favorite of them all with each Christmas Harry Potter rewatch. They took a big risk with that movie by taking it away from its iconic setting and relying fully on its characters and it paid off immensely by giving us a few of the best quiet character moments of the whole franchise. It really doesn't get the credit it deserves for all that.

tumblr_obtel1bvfy1qfvtsro1_500.gif

AmusingWanIvorygull-size_restricted.gif

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Wall-e has a great first 30 minutes or whatever!

And the it turns to shit but it's whatever

:wintf:

Ill agree the first act is easily the best one but to say that the movie just “turns to shit” is a little much if you ask me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Agreed - 1st part is an A+ for me...but I kinda hated the 2nd part, even though I understood what it was going for...as a full movie, I only ever see it as a B-range movie, even though I appreciate it, so it'd never make my top 100...especially since I like so many other Pixar movies better...

Personally, while the first part is very poignant and well crafted, it's the least interesting part for me. The second half does a better job at fully realizing what the first half tries to do.

• Like 1

Wall E is not fatshaming lol..

It is saying the increasingly sedentary lifestyle of humans will cause us to change in appearance and likely cause negative effects on our health and our way of life. 

• Like 2

I don't care for Wall E either but then again Pixar doesn't appeal to me all that much.

As for the "classics" I've seen a lot and I still have a lot to see.  There isn't really anything pre 1960 that really blows me away except for Wizard of Oz and It's a Wonderful Life.  Even the ones I do like, such as Casablanca and Maltese Falcon (for example) are just good films but not something that would make my top 100.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

WALL-E's no Alien vs. Predator or High School Musical, that's for sure

Maybe he’d like it if WALL-E was voiced by Zac Efron and EVA was voiced by Vanessa Hudgens.

Edited by Rorschach