The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

Thanks for the good work @Critically Acclaimed Panda!

Good places for Aladdin, Cuckoo's Nest and Se7en.

Personally I would have put DH1 over DH2. It is weird with Harry Potter, though. I really couldn't place any of those movies in my TOP-movie lists... but as a movie series I would certainly have it much further up there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Here's 10 more just misses!

166. Edge of Tomorrow

167. Bicycle Thieves

168. Manchester by the Sea

169. Kill Bill Vol 1

170. Hot Fuzz

171. Who Framed Roger Rabbit

172. Deadpool

173. Django Unchained

174. Interstellar

175. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

Fuck you guys for putting Deadpool over Interstellar and Spider-Man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Princess Mononoke. It's perhaps my favorite studio Ghibli film, which I hate to admit I was pretty much dragged screaming to by my best friend. Though If I'm honest, Spirited Away is probably better, but it doesn't resonate as much with me.

5 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

Princess Mononoke. It's perhaps my favorite studio Ghibli film, which I hate to admit I was pretty much dragged screaming to by my best friend. Though If I'm honest, Spirited Away is probably better, but it doesn't resonate as much with me.

Spirited Away is flawless

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Spirited Away is flawless

Personally it feels like more a collection of short films that are tied into a longer film, making it's over all narrative having a strange flow that doesn't quite work for me, since it always feels like it's starting and stopping. Which takes me out of the film as a whole. It's kind of like my problem with Holy Grail, it's very good parts that don't make as good a whole.

Edited by RandomCat
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I rewatched Inside Out recently and it doesn't really hold up very well

100% disagree, I actually find it’s a movie that gets better upon rewatch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

100% disagree, I actually find it’s a movie that gets better upon rewatch.

I just think a lot of elements of the film feel super clunky. Sadness is still great as a character and Bing Bong's sacrifice still makes me cry but it just doesn't feel very cohesive as a whole.

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Porco Rosso and Castle in the Sky still my favorite Miyazakis. Totoro too I guess. 

Porco Rosso is pretty good, and personally I think it's under rated as far as Miyazaki films. Though I'm a fan of Castle of Cagliostro, but I admit my own enjoyment of Lupin the III adds to that.

Totoro, I can see why it's liked, it's very cute and beautiful. Not one of my favorites, but it's an enjoyable way to pass an afternoon/evening.

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I just think a lot of elements of the film feel super clunky. Sadness is still great as a character and Bing Bong's sacrifice still makes me cry but it just doesn't feel very cohesive as a whole.

IO is the best Pixar joint you tripping

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

Porco Rosso is pretty good, and personally I think it's under rated as far as Miyazaki films. Though I'm a fan of Castle of Cagliostro, but I admit my own enjoyment of Lupin the III adds to that.

Totoro, I can see why it's liked, it's very cute and beautiful. Not one of my favorites, but it's an enjoyable way to pass an afternoon/evening.

Last year I saw A Summer at Grandpa's, the 1984 live-action Taiwanese film that was the main inspiration for Totoro, and actually liked it more, probably confirming that I'm ultimately more affected by flesh-and-blood people than animated characters. But Totoro is still pretty delightful. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Last year I saw A Summer at Grandpa's, the 1984 live-action Taiwanese film that was the main inspiration for Totoro, and actually liked it more, probably confirming that I'm ultimately more affected by flesh-and-blood people than animated characters. But Totoro is still pretty delightful. 

I'll have to take a look at that film.

• Like 1