CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Shouldn't have casted your sworn enemy Alden Ehrenreich, amirite?

Ironically enough, my expectations on the movie after reading the reviews/reactions have gone from this might be an enjoyable film that Alden ruins to this might be a film the poor guy never had much to work with. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

"it's the JUSTICE LEAGUE, no way will it go below a Thor/Hulk movie"

Yeah... this is an awful analogy. Comparing Star Wars with the DCEU will always be a bad look. Hell, comparing any successful franchise with that will always be a bad look. 

• Disbelief 1

Saying that Solo is a lock to do 900mil worldwide is absurd. It will have to do 450-500mil domestically to guarantee that type of number because I believe it will make less overseas than Rogue One. There is nothing wrong with it because money is money but Star Wars is a domestic heavy franchise and the sooner fanboys accept that fact, the better off they will be.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Porthos said:

giphy.gif

I mean, you know I love ya.  But if Solo opens poorly, I suspect you'll have a thing or three to say in the Weekend Thread. ;)

Nah, if Solo opens low, the numbers will speak far louder than I could.

I'd say you could hope I fuck up and post a spoiler to get banned again, but what is there to spoil? Han dies? 

• Haha 1

I think it was a mistake having Deadpool 2 and Infinity War so close together. Would of been better for everyone if Solo open this weekend (less direct competition) and Deadpool in a few weeks.

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Wait, I’m confused. “Asgardian” is an alias. “Rth,” is, also, an alias. Right? I mean, it would be pretty crazy to have a username that game something away about your real identity if you wanted anonymity. What would be better about using one alias vs another?

Or how about you just follow a simple request and not post his name outside of these forums.  Or else maybe one day our Asgard one and two won't post here anymore.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mekanos said:

Didn't Deadline say BVS made about 100 million in profit, ancillaries included? That seems about right. 

Deadline do not include all ancillaries since around the year 2015 in their profits estimate, maybe the industry became too franchise heavy so to give some chance they stopped include merchandises sales, also I would imagine some franchise output so many movie that it became hard to amortize the side business among them.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/batman-v-superman-box-office-profit-2016-1202049201/

But yeah 105m in profit was their estimate, excluding any impact on the toys, games, tv series and so on impact if it had one (that would be more the movie year's of hype than the actual movie).

23 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Yeah... this is an awful analogy. Comparing Star Wars with the DCEU will always be a bad look. Hell, comparing any successful franchise with that will always be a bad look. 

Solo is not making 900 million or anything close to it dude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I miss the days when people enjoyed a movie because of its content and not because of its box office grosses.

Literally who here is saying that. And why are you posting on a box office forum? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

Or how about you just follow a simple request and not post his name outside of these forums.  Or else maybe one day our Asgard one and two won't post here anymore.

This was a completely useless response to my question. I *am* following the request now that I know it exists. I am also trying to get more information about exactly what the situation is so that I am more capable of acting the way I’m supposed to.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

That'd be what, 2001?

2001 even feels like a stretch for people whose age was in the double-digits by that point. I only had access to weekend numbers on the Friday after the weekend back then (it was printed in the entertainment section of one of the then-major Seattle papers), and even then, I at least had a pretty good idea of how the top ten shook out.

• Like 2

As much I love talking numbers, I'm with @Porthos

It seems that the numbers take precedent at times over our enjoyment of a film.  When I was really young, I didn't really care if ET made 400 million, or if Last Crusade lost out the summer crown to Batman.  I just wanted to see the films I loved and enjoy them for the entertainment.  Now, too man people spoil things with negativity over such mundane things....."Oh my GOD!!! X- movie fell 77.5% on Monday instead of 76.5%.....it's crumbling...wom is horrible...China hates it....fox will lose money....and so on.  It just gets annoying at times.  I also know it's one of the reasons Tele left here as well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2