CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Oh please get off your high horse. Of all the movies getting released this year only 6 are Comic Book Movies. There's a bunch of original movies that have been released this year like Annihilation, Love Simon, A Quiet Place etc etc. If 6 out of like 150+ movies this year being comic book movies bothers you so much then you need to diversify what you're watching in the movie theater.

I see pretty much everything under the sun as I am well over 50+ trips to the cinema this year already. I stand by my assessment that Hollywood needs to make fewer CMBs and instead invest in original stories and new franchises. Lack of diversity and competition is never good for an industry but the tunnel vision minds around here have not realized that yet.

• Haha 1

Watch Annihilation it's really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really good

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I see pretty much everything under the sun as I am well over 50+ trips to the cinema this year already. I stand by my assessment that Hollywood needs to make fewer CMBs and instead invest in original stories and new franchises. Lack of diversity and competition is never good for an industry but the tunnel vision minds around here have not realized that yet.

For someone who apparently goes so much you seem to think 6 movies a year is some huge number that's stiffling original content when it's really not. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Watch Annihilation it's really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really good

It’s STALKER lite. #LukeWarmTake

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Its alright.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Hollywood will stop making comic book movies when people stop seeing them. If you don't like comic book movies, blame movie goers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

But why would they when CMB make the most money. They’ll stop once people stop paying to watch them. Original blockbusters simply aren’t as lucrative (rampage, ready player one ect). 

• Like 1

One day CBM's will fade out just like every trend in Hollywood and will be replaced with something else.  Maybe the big blockbusters will become musicals.  La La Land was our Blade.  Greatest Showman was our X-Men.  Maybe our Spider-Man can be Wicked :thinking: 

Edited by That One Guy

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

watch stalker

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

IT IS ON MY WATCHLIST GODDAMN IT I HAVEN'T GOTTEN AROUND TO IT YET

also now that I think of it go in with no expectations, the only similarity is it's plot revolves around a "zone"... the films are very different

5 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

As much as you or anyone else may want otherwise, Hollywood makes movies to make money. And CBM’s consistently makes them obscene piles of cash that original stories never could. That same pile of cash is then used to take gambles with original stories and new franchises. 

If anything you should blame people for not going out to watch original movies rather than coming out in droves to see the next SH movie. Hollywood only makes what people want to see, what they voted for with their pockets. 6 live action SH movies in a year with hundreds of movie is not even close to an overload

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mekanos said:

In the theater. I’m so sick of that M&M commercial about cell phones. It’s in front of every movie.

It's literally everywhere it's so annoying. AMC and Regal both show it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thematrixfilm said:

that would be funny if members here (but most likely visitors) took ~125m OW Deadpool 2 as a sign that DP2 is not doing well and went ahead and ordered tickets to see it Sunday afternoon with the assumption that there would hardly be anyone there

there is still time for me to go see DP2 today.  I should probably go ASAP, in workout clothes and very comfortable under the assumption that no one will be there because of the 125m OW

• Haha 1

A Quiet Place is a gigantic hit, non-original but non-sequel films like Greatest Showman, I Can Only Imagine and Peter Rabbit made quite the bucks, Shape Of Water grossed almost 200M WW (the most out of any Best Picture winner since Argo), Three Billboards was also a monstruous hit relative to its budget and sensibilities as an awards drama..... how come there's a lack of investment in original stories + new franchises? Maybe from Hollywood, but not from the audience. And regarding Hollywood's lack of investment, acting like CBM's are the sole reason why isn't gonna help, considering that the box office numbers of CBM's clearly back up the choice to invest in them. There's a lot - too many even - of ill-advised franchise attempts out there, cut down on those and try to focus on good stories that people will like and the problem is possibly fixed.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

14 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It sucked. There was a guy sitting near me that just started looking at his phone half way through and I saw another person  that was asleep at the back of the theater when I went to the bathroom. 

Its a pseudo-intellectual film.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, YLF said:

It sucked. There was a guy sitting near me that just started looking at his phone half way through and I saw another person  that was asleep at the back of the theater when I went to the bathroom. 

Its a pseudo-intellectual film.

I needed your input.

• Haha 1