CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

The Book Club showing I attended easily sold over 100 of the roughly 140 seats in the theater. That's easily the most surprising turnout for me since I Can Only Imagine mesmerized the people in my area. Those early Friday estimates could easily be lowballing the film.

The target audience ate up this film so I wouldn't be surprised if BC sprouts some decent legs. There is actually quite a bit of humor in the film which all ages can appreciate if people here want to see a movie with their parents or grandparents or even with their age peers. The film is definitely better than its current RT score would indicate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rthanos said:

DP2 52-55m, AIW 6.5

Higher end would be good for DP2. But still on the lower end of things. 

Just terrible for IW. 

On the low end, thats a 33,4M true Friday for Mr. Pool. Would actually be below the 34,6M true Friday of the first one.

Well, lets hope for the West Coast :Venom:

• Like 1

Y'all really forgot the fact that 1. Deadpool 2 is direct fucking competition and is on pace for a $140M+ OW, 2. It loses its PLF/IMAX screens and 3. Will lose even more screens to make room for Deadpool.  I predicted $24.2M for a reason.

• Like 10

Wow, that IW number is brutal. Not even 100% over the terrible Thursday number. Well 700 million is definately dead and so is 2 billion WW, I think. Not even an enormous Saturday bump can save it from a very bad drop and an under 30 million weekend.

The dp2 number isn’t too hot either, but I don’t care about it so I will let others comment on it.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Y'all really forgot the fact that 1. Deadpool 2 is direct fucking competition and is on pace for a $140M+ OW, 2. It loses its PLF/IMAX screens and 3. Will lose even more screens to make room for Deadpool.  I predicted $24.2M for a reason.

Even then you went to low and wrong as always.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Funny how IW underperforms and you're still too low. Keep trying though, maybe one day. :Venom:

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Even then you went to low and wrong as always.

I was closer than most of you were :thinking: