CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

More from Deadline:

Where does Deadpool 2 leave Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War in weekend four? Not crippled, that’s for sure with the Russo Brothers movie set to make $31M-$32M for a 48%-50% decline and a running total of $598.3M.

Paramount’s Diane Keaton-Jane Fonda-Candice Bergen older femme comedy Book Club is indeed overindexing as we anticipated with $5.5M today and $15M-$16Mthis weekend.

No bow wow for the weekend’s third wide release Global Road’s Show Dogs with $1.6M today and $5M-$6M.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Interesting that the first DP had $35M as its first projection for Friday. Seems like they're just using the same/similar multiplier for preview/OD for the sequel as they did with the first.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

More from Deadline:

Where does Deadpool 2 leave Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War in weekend four? Not crippled, that’s for sure with the Russo Brothers movie set to make $31M-$32M for a 48%-50% decline and a running total of $598.3M.

Paramount’s Diane Keaton-Jane Fonda-Candice Bergen older femme comedy Book Club is indeed overindexing as we anticipated with $5.5M today and $15M-$16Mthis weekend.

No bow wow for the weekend’s third wide release Global Road’s Show Dogs with $1.6M today and $5M-$6M.

I want IW to hit $33.7m so bad. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

http://deadline.com/2018/05/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-2-weekend-box-office-opening-1202393815/

20th Century Fox’s Deadpool 2 is on its way to potentially unseating New Line/Warner Bros.’ It for the top opening day ever for an R-rated pic with a $50M-$52M take. That Stephen King title made $50.4M last September with Deadpool ranked second with a $47.3M start. Though Deadpool 2 is higher in its Friday than the first chapter, right now analysts are calling its opening at $130M.

:hahaha:oh i love the This early prediction from deadline 

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Interesting that the first DP had $35M as its first projection for Friday. Seems like they're just using the same/similar multiplier for preview/OD for the sequel as they did with the first.  

It seems off considering it would make it more preview frontloaded than virtually anything outside of Star Wars. I did expect this one to be way more frontloaded than the first, but that seems a bit extreme. 

15 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

http://deadline.com/2018/05/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-2-weekend-box-office-opening-1202393815/

20th Century Fox’s Deadpool 2 is on its way to potentially unseating New Line/Warner Bros.’ It for the top opening day ever for an R-rated pic with a $50M-$52M take. That Stephen King title made $50.4M last September with Deadpool ranked second with a $47.3M start. Though Deadpool 2 is higher in its Friday than the first chapter, right now analysts are calling its opening at $130M.

Deadline is on time with their useless early number lol. 

Beating IT on OD is guaranteed.

Numbers gonna rise closer to 56-58M IMO.  

• Like 2

No way this does only 52 million in Friday. I see 55 million, at least. I have to say though that I think people are exaggerating a bit when they emphasize on deapool’s walk up power compared to its preview number, this was a very hyped film with great marketing so it was bound to have a good preview number and definately superior to the first one. It’s preview number is not surprising, this is the n.2 most hyped film of the summer, after IW .

• Like 1

If the od goes up a little but stays close to Deadline's range, can see the minimum as

18.6 + 35 + 40.25 (+15%) + 29 (-28%) = 122.85 ow [53.6 od]

while hope the number is low-balled and it can do around

18.6 + 40 + 46.5 (+16%) + 34 (-27%) = 138.6 ow [58.6 od]

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Show Dogs is doing much more than that range; Peter Rabbit almost doubled its Friday gross on Saturday. Something like this will probably happen:

1.6M

3.2M (+100%)

2.2M (-30%)

7M Weekend

:gold:

It's still way too high. Wish these types of movies would bomb hard so they'd stop making them. 

• Like 1

30 million for IW pretty much sets up for 675 domestic finish +.

If it holds well against a huge opener like DP it should hold well against Solo. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It seems off considering it would make it more preview frontloaded than virtually anything outside of Star Wars. I did expect this one to be way more frontloaded than the first, but that seems a bit extreme. 

If you do the math it's a 2.7 and 2.68 multiplier from previews to OD for both of them in terms of initial predictions for Friday. The first one ended up doing $12.5M more than the $35M estimate for a $47.5M Friday. I'm NOT expecting that for the sequel at all but I'd be shocked if it doesn't get to $55M though 

12 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

More from Deadline:

No Friday number for IW. Oh Deadline.

• Like 1

If AIW can pull this off against DP2 then can't see below 680 [2.64x] and would think that beating GOTG2's 2.66x is more likely than not. Then it would only be next to CA:WS's 2.73x when it comes to MCU sequel multipliers (for all we know it can beat that too with 704+).

Edited by A2k Raptor

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

:gold:

It's still way too high. Wish these types of movies would bomb hard so they'd stop making them. 

At least it's not approaching double digits like some of us thought it could (I put 9M in the Derby). Fingers crossed A Quiet Place manages to be above it next weekend, but after that 25% Thursday drop, idk what to expect today :kitschjob: