CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Certified more rotten than his beard.

I'd say it's incredible how far he's fallen.   But it's known that he's  kind of difficult to work with.

Carrey’s dramatic chops have always been questionable at best to me. Really the only time it works for me is Eternal Sunshine, and I’d attribute a lot of that to the script. And as far as his comedic shtick, it was never gonna work as he got older. So what were his options really? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Carrey’s dramatic chops have always been questionable at best to me. Really the only time it works for me is Eternal Sunshine, and I’d attribute a lot of that to the script. And as far as his comedic shtick, it was never gonna work as he got older. So what were his options really? 

He's great in the Truman Show

• Like 13

1 hour ago, A2k Raptor said:

halt the run, pull it out of all theaters, stop reporting the revenue, transfer remaining grosses to wrinkle in time...but let this glorious number live forever.

I see what you did there. Smart correlation to the 696.96 number. 10/10, would give ovation.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Jim Carrey sucks this decade.

Hasn't he only done 6 films this decade, in no worse than a supporting role?

Popper was decent. I missed Wonderstone. KA2 was forgettable, but he was decent in it. Dumb and Dumber To was not good. Never even heard of Bad Batch. Dark Crimes is really his only starring serious role since The Number 23?!!?

I'd still say he's a pretty decent dramatic actor.

I will echo the entertaining yet tonally uneven sentiment reflected in most reviews. This film is trying to cram three films into one feature length time frame. Two of those films are good. The other is mediocre. Once the mediocre portion unpredictably pops its head out, it just punctures the gas out of the fun from the other two. Again, highly entertaining despite some noticeable flaws (trying to add cheap emotional depth to a 4th wall bashing comedian).

Edited by ThePhasmid

I'm surprised Carrey hasn't been approached to do television. I'm sure he'd be good in a premium cable comedy. Likewise with Eddie Murphy but I guess there are actors who wouldn't touch television with a barge pole

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

I will echo the entertaining yet tonally uneven sentiment reflected in most reviews. This film is trying to cram three films into one feature length time frame. Two of those films are good. The other is mediocre. Once the mediocre portion unpredictably pops its head out, it just punctures the gas out of the fun from the other two. Again, highly entertaining despite some noticeable flaws (trying to add cheap emotional depth to a 4th wall bashing comedian).

Show Dogs is deeper than we thought.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised Carrey hasn't been approached to do television. I'm sure he'd be good in a premium cable comedy. Likewise with Eddie Murphy but I guess there are actors who wouldn't touch television with a barge pole

About ten years ago I could have seen him doing something like Barry. 

This is my weekly plug that everyone should watch Barry.

40 minutes ago, DAR said:

Wait Jim Carey has a movie with a 0% rating out this weekend?

And it’s already online.

Is it a straight to VOD movie having a limited theatrical release?