CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

3 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Wow, that IW number is brutal. Not even 100% over the terrible Thursday number. Well 700 million is definately dead and so is 2 billion WW, I think. Not even an enormous Saturday bump can save it from a very bad drop and an under 30 million weekend.

The dp2 number isn’t too hot either, but I don’t care about it so I will let others comment on it.

Well it’s not over yet. Number could go up and it has a Canadian holiday and Memorial Day to make up ground. Solo might not hurt it too much since they are both Disney 

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

6.5M (+91%)

11.4M (+75%)

9.5M (-25%)

27.4M Weekend, 56% drop

I don't see IW going over 65-68% increase, let alone 75%. Especially since its past Saturdays never went above 68%, when there were no direct competition.

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Y'all really forgot the fact that 1. Deadpool 2 is direct fucking competition and is on pace for a $140M+ OW, 2. It loses its PLF/IMAX screens and 3. Will lose even more screens to make room for Deadpool.  I predicted $24.2M for a reason.

The R rating blinded people

• Like 1

I'd been expecting IW's 4th and 5th weekend holds to swap with GotG2's (GotG2's 5th was -53%). Something like -55% may still happen, if DP2 is this preview frontloaded that only bodes well for IW's Sat increase. Those early 31-32m numbers had me excited though, fuck Deadline as usual. 

Well it's not like IW is flopping still on target to beat TLJ Avenvers and JW and hopefully Titanic.

Trying to beat bp was difficult.

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Infinity War might also get a boost from teens paying for it to sneak into Deadpool :Venom: 

As long as they go before the evening showing, they don't have to present any ID's. So buying DP2 won't be much of a problem for teens. Plus all they need is that one friend over 17 to buy their tickets. 

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Y'all really forgot the fact that 1. Deadpool 2 is direct fucking competition and is on pace for a $140M+ OW, 2. It loses its PLF/IMAX screens and 3. Will lose even more screens to make room for Deadpool.  I predicted $24.2M for a reason.

DP2 ain’t touching 140M with 55M, let alone 52M. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

DP2 52-55m, AIW 6.5

Both numbers look bad, but I agree with @That One Guy. IW is facing direct competition and it's losing screens, it was bound to a big drop. DP2 numbers are bad and not surprising to me, like I was saying yesterday DP2 is just at an awful release date. It deserves to make way more than DP1 and I think $150m+ would be definitely possible let's say next August. But no, Fox needed to screw this up, even if the film is fucking flawless. Gah. 

IW should hold well the weekend after Memorial Day.

IW should still have a theater count above this in two weeks time.

6/1/2018 Action Point $12,000,000 -11% $30,000,000 -12% 2,400 Paramount
6/1/2018 Adrift $10,000,000   $34,000,000   2,800 STXfilms
6/1/2018 Upgrade $3,000,000   $7,500,000   1,300 OTL Releasing / BH Tilt