Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

4 hours ago, baumer said:

@Blankments

Just got out.  It's fun, good story, moves fast, good performances, Chewy is good.  

Having said that it's just a good movie.  Nothing I'll remember all that much.  Good time at the movies, won't see it again.

7.5/10

Cool to hear. Sounds like I'm comfortable missing it, but glad to hear it turned out okay.

That said, still rooting against it financially. It's nothing personal...

131217db-002f-471b-8c05-c3093314d07f.gif

$40m? What kind of plot twist.

Wouldn't be surprised if Disney siphons some Avengers gross towards Solo if it's really really close to $100m. It would look so much better for them to be able to report a $100m 3-day weekend.

1 minute ago, Hunch said:

$40m? What kind of plot twist.

Wouldn't be surprised if Disney siphons some Avengers gross towards Solo if it's really really close to $100m. It would look so much better for them to be able to report a $100m 3-day weekend.

They better fucking not 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

Soooooo is sub 100 3 day still happening cus that’s all I want

Would require a rather generous Sat bump even from the high end

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hunch said:

The fact that a HAN SOLO movie is in the same ballpark as fucking Doctor Strange :winomg:

A lesson for future franchises: don't unceremoniously kill off your lead character as soon as you reintroduce him after a 40 year wait. It will severely piss of the fans.

if this is about Luke Skywalker, I think Luke's death in TLJ is the least of that film's problems among its haters (speaking as a fan of TLJ)

Just now, Blankments said:

if this is about Luke Skywalker, I think Luke's death in TLJ is the least of that film's problems among its haters (speaking as a fan of TLJ)

Really? I thought that was it. Although I haven't kept up with the discussion that much.

RTH bringing balance to The Force. I had so much hope for this movie. I am really rooting for RTH’s numbers to stick. I do recall Empire City saying that it might do better than the presale numbers showed. *fingers crossed

• Like 3

Been watching ticket availability for our favorite screen at our favorite theater in Orland Park IL. The Ultrascreen with 226 nice reclining leather seats and prices of $15.50 per ticket has done well all day. 7PM showing has only seats in 1st row (8 seats), 2nd row 28 seats. Handicap seat row 7 seats. Then checked 625 showing and 80 seats sold and only 1st row and handicap seats row has availability.  Last night when we went it really was just the Ultrascreen that was sold out. Other screens just had a few seats sold. Today many more showings and in the evening most seats sold. Think people overestimated how many kids out of school. Around here today was last day of school and it was a half day. Chicago kids still have 2 weeks left. In the Ultrascreen showings tomorrow they have sold more then what has sold all day today. Matinee showings much higher attendance tomorrow as Saturdays should especially with Star Wars.

Also add 3D screenings not doing well. When we went to 10:15 showing last night we were happy to not have a 3D showing. I think people are more and more sick of 3D screenings. Theater had 31 2D screenings and 6 3D.

Edited by Franklin808
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Chewy said:

That 26M true friday shows that TLJ wasn't divisive :sparta:

Misunderstood masterpiece status cancelled?! 

I’m a bit disappointed tbh.