Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I can think of some big recent flicks that felt like something a lot more than an "unnecessary but fun ride".  Fury Road, Bladerunner 2049, The Martian, Logan, Interstellar, War for Planet of the Apes.. etc.  I think thats the problem with these new Star Wars flick is that they have a superficiality to them and feel more like mere products with checklists(even TLJ to a degree) than movies and I suspect it'll get worse as Disney rolls them off the assembly line 1-2 times per year.  I mean really... Han Solo, Boba Fett, Obi-wan, and Yoda movies are in the works?  How fucking boring is that?  Why not *gasp* come up with something entirely new?  If Disney really wants to make a thousand Star Wars movies, then why not come up with entirely new stories with new characters without any connections to stuff we've already seen?  Set it a 2000 years past the events of the OT or in the future if you have to.   I understand that would require some risk and creativity, but this nostalgia surfboard that they're currently on isn't gonna last.

They took a huge risk with how they handled TLJ and look what happened...  they need to play safe.  Go back to rehashing the OT like they did with TFA.  Fans are still praising TFA like it's the Holy Grail...Disney go back to just rebooting the OT like you did with TFA.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Is this the first time Disney is confirming mid-day estimates??

Well, this could mean 2 things - it could mean Solo's gonna crazily go lower that even these estimates, so they wanna confirm some badness now, so the later badness doesn't look so bad...or they think this is worst case and are hoping for a little bounce to end the weekend with some good press...guess we'll see in 24-48 hours...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Welp ignore the first 94 pages

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

Is there a way to delete 94 pages in a weekend thread 

Hey, if it wasn't for those first 94 pages we wouldn't be giving the Tucchi face to a Star Wars film maybe making $40M on OD.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Hey, if it wasn't for those first 94 pages we wouldn't be giving the Tucchi face to a Star Wars film maybe making $40M on OD.

That 26M true friday shows that TLJ wasn't divisive :sparta:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

i can go along with the blankments sort of narrative that lord and miller were fired because LucasFilm wanted to make the movie worse and their version would totally be a record breaker.

would've broke the Memorial Day record for sure fam

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40M would be good all things considered. 37M is okay. I hope it hits closer to high end so chances of $100M 3-day is more secured.

Solo is doing disaster business OS right now, so anything better than expected domestic would be much needed for it.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 4