Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

3 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Not a Roger gif but still. :ph34r:

I need to know who eye patch guy is. I know I’ve seen him somewhere and it’s bloody killing me.

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Getting back to the comment I made to @MovieMan89 about sequels opening to double their predecessor, here is what I came up with after looking into it:

Alien:  3.5 million

Aliens:  10 million

American Pie:  18.7

AP2:  45

Austin Powers:  9.5

AP2:  54

Back to the Future:  11.1

BTTF2:  27.8

Bad Boys:  15.5

Bad Boys 2:  46.5

Batman Begins:  48.7

TDK:  158.4

Bourne Identity:  27

Bourne Supermacy: 52 (not quite 100% but close enough)

Die Hard:  7 million (went wide second weekend)

DH2:  21.7

Ghostbusters:  13.5

GB2:  29.4

Silence of the Lambs:  13

Hannibal:  58

Harold and Kumar1:  5.4

HK2:  14.9

Raiders:  8.5

Temple:  25.3

Insidious:  13

Insidious 2:  40

John Wick:  14

JW2:  30

The Karate Kid:  5

KK2:  13.6

Lethal Weapon :  6

LW2:  20.3

Matrix:  27

MR:  91

Nightmare on Elm Street:  1.2

NOES2:  2.8

Paranormal activity:  21 million (first week of wide release)

PA2:  40 million (close enough)

Pirate of the Caribbean:  46.6

PoTC2:  135.6

First Blood:  6

Rambo:  20

Rush Hour:  33

RH2:  67

Scream:  6

Scream2:  32.9

Shrek:  42

Shrek 2:  108

Superman 7.4

Superman II:  14.1 (close enough)

Terminator 4

T2:  31

Twilight:  69

New Moon:  142

The point being there are a lot of movies to double their opening weekend from one movie to the next.  I was wrong in thinking there were only a few.  I don't think Ant-man will get to 100 mill opening weekend, but history is not on my side.

So you're saying that puts Han Solo 2 at???

Just now, AJG said:

Part of me thinks it’s an American thing. 

At at least I hope so.

i'm sure we have different phrases coded to mean the same thing. idk, i haven't read enough daily mail comment sections to find out.

8 minutes ago, AJG said:

No. I’m just saying there’s so many openly racist and sexist people that cling to the franchise that I am now uncomfortable with it.

If you took that to mean that I’m calling you a racist then that’s on you. That’s a jump that you made. You know your opinion isn’t based on race, yet you took me saying that there’s a shockingly high amount of racist Star Wars fans as me calling you a racists. Why? 

Because that is what every conversation about TLJ turns into..

:ph34r:

I am Indian, and I know a lot of fellow Indians and minorities and females such as colleagues, cousins and my sister who all had issues with TLJ.

So when I hear the accusation that most people who disliked TLJ are white basement dwellers and mostly hated it for sexist or racist reasons, I dont buy it because those idiots were the same ones who hated TFA and RO and no real effect on the overall audience reaction to the film. So where are you guys basing this narrative on? Its a nonsense argument that you guys repeat endlessly.

The reality which I find more likely is some people who watched TLJ just did not like the pacing, some of the characterization and the storyline. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Can we please just all agree TLJ was a polarizing film due to its character and plot choices and leave it at that? 

It's so polarizing people can't even agree on that.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's super cool that i've never met a person who'd say stuff like "SJWs" or "identity politics" or stuff like that in real life. could you imagine hearing those phrases, like actually spoken out loud by someone who meant it, and not immediately trying to cut your own ears off? SO embarrassing. 

It’s a combo of cringe and horror irl

Edited by WrathOfHan

Just now, AJG said:

THANK YOU!!!! 

That game really needs a sequel. A fucking classic.

The game is basically Where's Waldo?: Mad Men Edition. There's like 10 Mad Men actors in that fucking game. 

• Haha 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

It’s a combo of cringe and horror irl

i haven't encountered IRL but in general I don't meet lots of real Trump supporters in Los Angeles

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, water said:

if anything alt-right/conservatives got what they wanted after shitting on tfa, rian decided to cater to them

What if I hated TFA for being a stale incoherent retread and hated TLJ for trolling anyone who had the slightest bit of interest in the characters or mysteries introduced in TFA? Is that an okay reason to dislike those movies? Let me know, I don't want to be a bigot.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

The game is basically Where's Waldo?: Mad Men Edition. There's like 10 Mad Men actors in that fucking game. 

and Matt Parkman from Heroes

la7.jpg

I still remember my 14 year old neighbor who said out loud "feminazis ruined Star Wars" and that they're intentionally killing off all the male characters. It makes me wonder what the hell kind of discussions go on in high schools these days.

1 minute ago, Pure Spirit said:

What if I hated TFA for being a stale incoherent retread and hated TLJ for trolling anyone who had the slightest bit of interest in the characters or mysteries introduced in TFA? Is that an okay reason to dislike those movies? Let me know, I don't want to be a bigot.

Ok, but if you had interest in the characters and mysteries introduced in TFA, doesn’t that mean you kinda liked it?:sparta:

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Because that is what every conversation about TLJ turns into..

:ph34r:

I am Indian, and I know a lot of fellow Indians and minorities and females such as colleagues, cousins and my sister who all had issues with TLJ.

So when I hear the accusation that most people who disliked TLJ are white basement dwellers and mostly hated it for sexist or racist reasons, I dont buy it because those idiots were the same ones who hated TFA and RO and no real effect on the overall audience reaction to the film. So where are you guys basing this narrative on? Its a nonsense argument that you guys repeat endlessly.

The reality which I find more likely is some people who watched TLJ just did not like the pacing, some of the characterization and the storyline. 

I am Indian as well. High five brother. :hi5:

• Like 1

Just now, Mekanos said:

I still remember my 14 year old neighbor who said out loud "feminazis ruined Star Wars" and that they're intentionally killing off all the male characters. It makes me wonder what the hell kind of discussions go on in high schools these days.

the other day while on the bus a baby in a stroller called me a "beta cuck" and the mother told me those were his very first words. society has failed our youth smh.

• Haha 3