MikeQ

Tuesday Numbers (May 22): DP2 12.4 | IW 2.86 | BC 2.8

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I ran the numbers and I did a thrice over just to make sure and it's impossible for IW to make 2 billies now.

It's down 20 million dollars as the bases are the following...

980 is

350 china

650 domestic

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I ran the numbers and I did a thrice over just to make sure and it's impossible for IW to make 2 billies now.

Guess you should have quadruple checked instead, because that is definitely not true.     

Headed for 350 rather than 360 in China after some unexpectedly strong local competition, and likely below 1B OS-China, but it could still easily hit the requisite 1.65 WW-China with solid DOM holds the next three weekends.

Edited by Thanos Legion

I think AIW has a good shot at 2B

675 D

345 C

980 OS-C

= 2000

Would be absurd to say under-2B is locked. Probably as absurd as saying over-2B was locked after the first week or looking at the 2nd weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, A2k Raptor said:

I think AIW has a good shot at 2B

675 D

345 C

980 OS-C

= 2000

Would be absurd to say under-2B is locked. Probably as absurd as saying over-2B was locked after the first week or looking at the 2nd weekend.

2B or not 2B, that is the question.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18
  • Astonished 1

27 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

IW will be at 1.9B after this weekend or close to it, hard for me to imagine it not managing a crawl to 2 billion. Beating Force Awakens is probably a no-go though.

It will be comfortably above 1.9 billion after this weekend. It’s at 1.841 with two more weekdays left before Friday so its gross will be around  1.860 before the weekend. U.S+China +OS in the weekend = around 1.91+ after the weekend.

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am starting to think Book Club might be that rare Shrek-like film that grosses as much or more during the four day Memorial Day weekend as it did during its opening three day weekend from the week before. It’s certainly headed for a terrific hold this weekend.