CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

25 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Or Jurassic World was just a total anomaly. It largely banked on everyone's nostalgia for the original film (which was never going to apply to this).

still if it drops 60% or so percent that is an abnormal drop for a sequel to a film that was well liked

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

still if it drops 60% or so percent that is an abnormal drop for a sequel to a film that was well liked

It’s not gonna drop 60% from JW on neither OW or Dom total. Come on now. 

14 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

7:00: 114/124

7:00: 61/78

7:15 3D: 45/60

Total: 220/262 (175 2D/45 3D)

7:00: 114/124

7:00: 61/78

7:15 3D: 45/60

7:30 3D: 53/78

Total: 273/340 (175 2D/98 3D)

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Doesnt that seem...quite solid?

4 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

A little over 80% sold, pretty decent generally but if you can't sell out of the earlier showings you sure as hell can't sell out of later showings.

It's good right now, but later shows are looking a bit quiet.

Okay, real question to all the folks that have seen this...

Is JW2 worth a weekend date night movie viewing?  I've got a free ticket I can't use on any other movie, so it wouldn't cost much for the experience...but then again, I didn't even see JW1, so my interest isn't all that high to start with and the critical reviews aren't helping. 

If it's not, we'll just spend time at a longer dinner date...so I can't lose either way:)... 

EDIT: PS - Yes, I'm one of the 5 people who didn't see the nostalgia trip, and I admit I've only seen the 1st of all of these movies...which was very good, but not so awesome I was dying for sequels:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Is JW2 worth a weekend date night movie viewing?  I've got a free ticket I can't use on any other movie, so it wouldn't cost much for the experience...but then again, I didn't even see JW1, so my interest isn't all that high to start with and the critical reviews aren't helping. 

If it's not, we'll just spend time at a longer dinner date...so I can't lose either way:)... 

EDIT: PS - Yes, I'm one of the 5 people who didn't see the nostalgia trip, and I admit I've only seen the 1st of all of these movies...which was very good, but not so awesome I was dying for sequels:)...

Is a fucking stupid movie that is all sorts of awesome when you can put your brain to a rest for 2 hours.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'd say no, from what i've heard the plots a mess and going on a date to the 2nd movie in a series when you haven't seen the first means your conversation topics will be somewhat limited. I2 or Tag would probably be better date movies tbh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Depends how much you like dinosaurs.

• Like 2

Just now, aabattery said:

Great point in all honesty. I would have loved Fallen Kingdom even if it was only dinosaurs and no story with humans whatsoever.

....actually i think i would have loved it even more that way :lol:

• Like 1

• Community Manager

Saw Jurassic Park today. Such a great classic I love how well executed Spielberg's film is. Every time I watch I catch new stuff he did that just works so well.

I then went to Jurassic World because I didn't think I had enough time for JP2 and JW. Man that movie is a blast. I don't get the hate at all. I just have fun from beginning to end, the dino fight in the third act is amazing.

I am so pumped for Fallen Kingdom. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Saw Jurassic Park today. Such a great classic I love how well executed Spielberg's film is. Every time I watch I catch new stuff he did that just works so well.

I then went to Jurassic World because I didn't think I had enough time for JP2 and JW. Man that movie is a blast. I don't get the hate at all. I just have fun from beginning to end, the dino fight in the third act is amazing.

I am so pumped for Fallen Kingdom. 

JW is the best movie of all time. Fallen Kingdom is the second best. Though i MIGHT be biased. A bit. Little bit.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, excel1 said:

it isn't breaking record. signed, the person who knew the last one was. 

Also signed the person who thought BvS was doing over 225m OW

(plus your JW OW predict was not 208m, it was 150m)

Edited by The Incredible Panda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I'd say no, from what i've heard the plots a mess and going on a date to the 2nd movie in a series when you haven't seen the first means your conversation topics will be somewhat limited. I2 or Tag would probably be better date movies tbh.

Well, it's a date night with my spouse, so we always have stuff to talk about...

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Yeah, see, that's the thing - Jurassic Park was very good, but not b/c it had dinosaurs...just it was good.  Dinos aren't usually "my thing."  Note my icon.

9 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Is a fucking stupid movie that is all sorts of awesome when you can put your brain to a rest for 2 hours.

Yeah, those also aren't usually in my wheelhouse:)...

Although now that Atom tickets has a $5 off any movie ticket for the weekend, even for returning users...decisions, decisions...maybe it's time to finally catch Deadpool 2 and let the JW ticket sit for awhile...although it pains me to let a free ticket sit...

1 minute ago, The Incredible Panda said:

Also signed the person who thought BvS was doing over 225m OW

(plus your JW OW was not 208m, it was 150m)

Gonna side with excel here on the JW point. Once the 18,5M previews came out, he was the first to call the OW record. I know that since ive read that thread many times now :lol::thinking:

But yes, he also predicted this crazy OW for BvS :lol:

• Sad 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

Gonna side with excel here on the JW point. Once the 18,5M previews came out, he was the first to call the OW record. I know that since ive read that thread many times now :lol::thinking:

But yes, he also predicted this crazy OW for BvS :lol:

That's still different than the fact his predict pre-numbers was 150m.  I'm only saying that because he has a reputation of bragging about a perfect track record when he's far from it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My track record was perfect through 2008 and then it tanked. ☹️

JW was a brief return to former glory. 😎

Followed by forced retirement after flopping on Da Force Remakened and the D.C.E.F. (D.C.Epic.fail) ☺️

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1