CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

53 minutes ago, FTF said:

There was def upfront demand, but this drop is not really because it’s playing like a superhero movie, it’s because its second weekend had a $150m ow movie.  We’ve never had back to back weekends even close to this high before.

edit:  Also 56%, not 66.

Actually, I think without Jurassic World, a -55% drop off a $180m OW was expected. Imagine what it could've done without JW.

And by that extension, how much more JW would've made without the second weekend of TI2. 

Let's see what drops look like next week, though the later in the run/smaller the grosses doesn't offset the initial stage loss.

May was weak as hell, and not just because Solo bombed - and it still made $200m so it's really that bad. 

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Speaking of unrealistic for Incredibles 2

My prediction still made more sense - seeing as the original was one of Pixar’s lowest grossing movies. Throwing around huge numbers like 700m is just insanity.

Edited by GraceRandolph

What do we make of Jurassic World 3's opening weekend prospects.

Part of me wonders if totally destroying the island was a massive mistake.

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

There is no way Solo drops 44% today :hahaha: 

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

...why the fuck did Disney estimated a 44% drop?

they are showing their disdain for solo. it's like unnecessarily berating your least favorite child.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

this was higher than 1st two Iron Man worldwide and domestically, R- rated x-men universe is on rise!

Technically, unless it has another $76m left in the tank worldwide, it’s on a small decline. 

The Jurassic Park/Jurassic World franchise is now at 4,4B Worldwide, surpassing the Transformers series in the process. Even with a finish of only 1,1B Worldwide for FK (more likely is 1,2B), it will be at 4,89B, thus becoming the 10th-highest grossing franchise of all time worldwide.

Just for a short time though, since that animated Spider-Man film comes out in December :lol: and Homecoming 2 in July next year.

• Like 2

I actually think the way JWFK ended sets up a potentially great sequel with higher stakes.

If they build on that premise and make it appealing in the trailers, I'd say the sequel's OW has a chance to increase.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, excel1 said:

What do we make of Jurassic World 3's opening weekend prospects.

Part of me wonders if totally destroying the island was a massive mistake.

Entirely depends on where they go with the setting/story imo. The ending of FK definetly allows for some very interesting directions. If the manage to deliver an epic spectacle, JW3 has no reason to go down from FK, if anything, it should go up.