CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

5 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I really doubt JW3will increase, universal marketed increased stakes in JW2 too, Nevermind that the marketing was misleading. The direction they seem to be going for the third film is stupid and the years until the third film is released won’t be kind , when it comes to the GA perception of the second film. I see another sizable drop for the 3rd film (and then we will have all the people predicting an increase trying to convince us how great the 3rd film is doing).

You're doing it all over again, man!

:hahaha:

• Like 4

The successes for this summers blockbusters is another clear signal for Hollywood: If they deliver films (and especially sequels) that the moviegoers actually ask for, they will come to see them. Last summer had so many unwarranted and unneccessary tentpoles (Alien: Covenant, Transformers 5, Cars 3 for example), this summer delivers the goods and as a conseqence, the numbers are great.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

And they say people don't go to the theater anymore :redcapes: 

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Just here to say on behalf of my summer game fuck you Overboard/Pantelion

Lionsgate. Their power.

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Disney will A Wrinkle in Time it if they have to.

They dont have to though! It never got a standard dollar theater increase, and yet it's less than $300k from hitting $700M! Disney's cruising at this point.

9 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I really doubt JW3will increase, universal marketed increased stakes in JW2 too, Nevermind that the marketing was misleading. The direction they seem to be going for the third film is stupid and the years until the third film is released won’t be kind , when it comes to the GA perception of the second film. I see another sizable drop for the 3rd film (and then we will have all the people predicting an increase trying to convince us how great the 3rd film is doing).

JW3 is easily doing 1B+, just like FK is doing it. The only scenario where this wont happen is when the film is a) cancelled or b) so shitty that it doesnt appeal to anyone. Im positive, both wont happen.

Underestimating JP/JW films is just a bad idea.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Not really said:

I'm surprised @Brainbug hasn't reposted that one image to @MovieMan89 after the new estimates. :ph34r:

Ive done that already earlier, when it was clear it would go in the 150M region. He ate the crow as well (in the end) and all is good now :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Just here to say on behalf of my summer game fuck you Overboard/Pantelion

Overboard has become a nice mid-sized hit. It has a current multiplier of 3.36 and it will clear $50M by the end of the month. It would be the sleeper hit of the summer so far were it not for Book Club.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HeyItsMoses said:

odds of Black Panther hitting $700m? it's soooo damn close! 

Like someone said last week. BP is on cruise control. It will cross 700 million and be like “bye”

I see it doing July 8th or 9th 

Edited by Moviefanatic
  • Like 1