baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I never understood the business logic of killing the character (and in such a depressing way) to give him a lighthearted prequel about his carefree youth. Tone deaf af. 

Also, GOTG does this type of a movie better and Quill is New Gen's Solo. People have more options to choose from now. 

Supposedly Ford wouldn't do the film unless they killed off Solo. He wanted the character to die in the original trilogy so there was nothing that they could do about that. I do agree that the timing of the prequel is stupid, stupid, stupid considering what happened in TFA

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Once again Disney has a perfectly positioned blockbuster after a couple of weak weekends and failed movies. Incredibles is gonna benefit madly from this.

In 2015, an original Pixar (The Good Dinosaur) film sacrificed itself for Star Wars (Episode VIII). In 2018, an original Star Wars (Solo) film returns the favor for Pixar (Incredibles 2). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Astonished 3

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Tracking on kids films always seems a bit iffy to me. But its weird with Incredibles cause I don't know how much it's going to lay like a kids film and how much its going to play like a hyped up sequel

I think there's as much under-reported demand for this film as there was for Jurassic World three years ago.  Incredibles 2 could easily explode expectations in its opening weekend the same way JW did.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Supposedly Ford wouldn't do the film unless they killed off Solo. He wanted the character to die in the original trilogy so there was nothing that they could do about that. I do agree that the timing of the prequel is stupid, stupid, stupid considering what happened in TFA

He wanted Han to die a hero though and Han went out like a punk. It also ruined Kylo. 

Just now, L Silverman said:

I think there's as much under-reported demand for this film as there was for Jurassic World three years ago.  Incredibles 2 could easily explode expectations in its opening weekend the same way JW did.

Incredibles 2 is the one Pixar sequel nearly everybody wanted since the first one came out. I can see it easily passing the 500M DOM milestone it its well received.

• Like 1

Just now, Killimano3 said:

Damn the level of front-loadedness star wars is showing these last couple movies is rivalling harry potter haha

Did TLJ not just get a near 3x multiplier though :hahaha:

despite being probably THE most divisive movie of the past decade. Sure, Solo's legs are literal trash, but all the doom and gloom could just be for nothing if this is indeed a one-and-done bomb

Just now, Brainbug said:

Incredibles 2 is the one Pixar sequel nearly everybody wanted since the first one came out. I can see it easily passing the 500M DOM milestone it its well received.

I could see Dory legs with a 150M opening. Don't see anything close to 200 though

1 minute ago, Hunt for the Wilderpasta said:

About to watch ACTION POINT. God damnit this may be as close as I’m getting to Jackass 4.

the jackass trilogy is better than any star wars trilogy let's discuss that.

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/06/action-point-review-johnny-knoxville-1201970511/

Johnny Knoxville may be one of the world’s foremost scholars of self-inflicted pain, but he’s never subjected himself (or us) to anything even half as excruciating as “Action Point,” a dismal new comedy that will leave you longing for the relative artistry and sophistication of the “Jackass” glory days. Because, as much as this might look like a “Jackass” movie — as much as it might provide a ridiculously great premise for a “Jackass” movie — this joyless aberration is most definitely not a “Jackass” movie. It feels generous to call it a movie at all.

yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Blankments said:

you greatly underestimate how much I do not want to see this film lol

I can legit see only two scenarios in my life that I would ever watch it, and neither have much likelihood of coming true any time soon

I can see a third: You stop being salty about it and move on to things that matter.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Once again Disney has a perfectly positioned blockbuster after a couple of weak weekends and failed movies. Incredibles is gonna benefit madly from this.

Well the Memorial Day Weekend failures that Disney has had meant good news for their Pixar releases. 

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Did TLJ not just get a near 3x multiplier though :hahaha:

despite being probably THE most divisive movie of the past decade. Sure, Solo's legs are literal trash, but all the doom and gloom could just be for nothing if this is indeed a one-and-done bomb

I mean I adore the movie but Christmas. It's more telling that it dropped 67% on its second weekend.

Just now, DAJK said:

I could see Dory legs with a 150M opening. Don't see anything close to 200 though

Yep, pretty much. Animated films dont really blow up on OW, even if they are highly anticipated. Incredibles will have massive weekdays. And i stand by my point that it and FK wont harm each other, much like IO and JW in 2015. Theres room for both of them, even if both open to 150M+.

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

With Incredibles, you'll have packed daytime showings just like Dory but Incredilbles will surpass Dory in the evening and late night showings because teens and adults w/o kids will want to see this movie almost as bad as the kids.