baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

1 hour ago, Quigley said:

Yeah, that prediction was mine. I have to admit I never saw that coming. :D But as I pointed to people who have brought this up before, no one made a prediction in that thread that was more than 70% accurate. So, in reality, no one predicted its success and making fun of the worst predictions is just an attempt to ignore the fact that no one made a decent prediction anyway...

I remember the closest prediction for JW in the top of 2015 thread was absurdly high for everything else (except TFA)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Okay but what are Action Point's numbers? 

Also Upgrade, it seems to be doing much better than Action Point but Deadline has them tied. Not that an Asgardian would even glance at such lowly numbers...

Oh wow this is a HORRIBLE drop. No way it reaches $200m now; Incredibles/Jurassic World will be a 1-2 punch to kill any late legs. Even without the reshoots this would be a big fat FLOP!

Edited by Hunch

Adrift’s doing about 140% of Mountain Between Us at my theatre tonight. Don’t know if it will keep that big of a lead here throughout the weekend, since that movie did our equivalent of 4M Friday and 17M weekend. 

Might just be be a good night overall cause both Solo and Deadpool are holding a bit better than they “should”

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Ocean's 8 over 60M

Ocean's 8 Dom over Solo Dom? Optimistic case, 62 * 3.3 = 205 for O8. Solo could do 84.4 * 2.4 = 202.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Wow at Solo.  Lesson to be learned here (for me at least) is presales is absolute king.  Good news for Disney is they can't lose more than they spent (which is a lot...just saying, at least there's a limit!).

As for Solo, I doubt it hurt the brand much if at all...because no one watched it.  And if they did then their low expectations were probably met.  

I hope a lot of you go see Adrift.  Guys, it's worth it to see Shay in a bikini, if you're into that.  But the film is outstanding, imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I hope a lot of you go see Adrift.  Guys, it's worth it to see Shay in a bikini, if you're into that.  But the film is outstanding, imo.

I'm seeing it tomorrow. Always down for a good survival flick.

• Like 1