baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

54 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

interview with A vampire is all the proof you need that tom cruise >>>> brad pitt. pitt SUCKS in it and cruise is dynamite. maybe my second favourite cruise performance after magnolia.

Tom is really a fantastic actor. He brings a visceral intensity to his roles that few others can replicate, while remaining relatable and charming. 

12 minutes ago, cookie said:

Guess it's different in the US because most theaters near me unless a big multiplex are only open from 5/6 PM on school days.

Wow, that's crazy to me. Never heard of that before. 

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, InterHero1 said:

Interview With the Vampire is good, would recommend What We Do in the Shadows, Let The Right one In, The Lost Boys and Blade I and II for some other good vampire movies.

Let Me In is just as good as Let the Right One In if you don't want a movie with subtitles.

7 hours ago, baumer said:

Yea....and?

The only part of that sentence that means anything is that TLJ made 1.3 billion.

7 hours ago, baumer said:

Yea....and?

The only part of that sentence that means anything is that TLJ made 1.3 billion.

Transformers 2 also made over a billion dollars. But it was the clear signal to the trend of the death of the franchise. TLJ making 1.3 billion had more to do with TFA than TLJ itself. 

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Let Me In is just as good as Let the Right One In if you don't want a movie with subtitles.

That is pretty much saying psycho from the 90’s is as good as 1960’s psycho or TFA being as good as ANH. But hey same strokes for same folks.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Amadeus said:

That is pretty much saying psycho from the 90’s is as good as 1960’s psycho or TFA being as good as ANH. But hey same strokes for same folks.

I mean actually I'd say Let Me In is slightly better because Matt Reeves is an amazing director. But that's a hot take. 

i'd say both have pluses and minuses let me in has richard jenkins killing it, that great car scene, stronger relationship between the main kids. but right one in i think has a stronger atmosphere, a much better ending and no chloe moretz so they're about equal for me.

• Like 3