baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

Just now, Alli said:

So is Alden's career over? Does the fanbase hate him for ruining SW like they hated Hayden?

nah he's good. i think he'll avoid franchises go the route of andrew garfield post the amazing spider-men. he was the best part of a coens movie i think auteur types are gonna be interested in working with him.

35 minutes ago, Alli said:

Next up Jurassic 2. What do you predict for Ocean's8?

If it matches Ocean's 13 OW it should consider itself very lucky.

• Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

So is Alden's career over? Does the fanbase hate him for ruining SW like they hated Hayden?

I remember seeing some videos from Star Wars Celebration last year.  Hayden got a pretty warm response.  I guess time heals all wounds 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

nah he's good. i think he'll avoid franchises go the route of andrew garfield post the amazing spider-men. he was the best part of a coens movie i think auteur types are gonna be interested in working with him.

So yes then, his career’s over.

• Haha 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

So yes then, his career’s over.

he got an oscar nomination last year and he's gonna win a tony next week. i know the fanboy think is always "if they're not acting in $200 million movies do they even exist" but c'mon. andrew garfield is fine.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

he got an oscar nomination last year and he's gonna win a tony next week. i know the fanboy think is always "if they're not acting in $200 million movies do they even exist" but c'mon. andrew garfield is fine.

WTF i didn't know that.

• Haha 1

Alden is fine in Solo anyway, not like ppl who have actually seen it are ranting about his performance. Don't think this movie is a career-killer for anyone

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

The wrong Garfield performance got an oscah nom that year, too

it's funny even through the press tour for hacksaw he was bigging up the weight he lost for silence and how hard it was. could tell which performance he would have bet on. probably went through that awards season like "really? that one? ok". most people wouldn't have guessed gibson over scorsese tbf.

• Like 2

Just now, lilmac said:

I don’t think this BO performance is an indictment on Star Wars. There were many factors conspiring against Solo (which have been discussed ad naseum). That’s why it underwhelmed. 

I would agree this is a fair point.  If the movie had been universally great and inspiring, and people felt it was essential to see for its pure awesome greatness, the BO would probably be telling a different star wars story right now.