baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

27 minutes ago, water said:

if jumanji 3 is as FUNNY as the previous movie, like with those killer one liners tailor-made for tv spots, plus upping the fun action to bigger more spectacular levels, it could actually be a big problem for episode 9 which is so sad for the state of star wars lmao. i'm one of the people who didn't even consider/notice jumanji when it was in theaters last/this year and then found out it was this huge success when people recommended it to me, i watched it, liked it, and will now be making a trip to theaters for the next one. i feel like i'm not the only one and it has a good chance to blow up rather than decrease.

This reminds me. Episode 9 has to actually be entertaining and or "fun" because that was a missing element from 8 due to a lot of reasons, one of those being the bloated run time.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

5 hours ago, boomboom234 said:

Corparations follow projections not net sales if it’s under projections it disappointed no matter the net 

Not sure what you mean by net sales there, if you mean 450m even if enormous for any other movie ever can still be a disappointment for a Star wars movie sure, like it's 1.3b at the box office maybe was or Ultron 1.4b.

But the way it was expressed, I am not sure it had fully the sense of how special making 450m from merch for a movie is was fully appreciated, that around the estimate total profit of Black Panther before it's merchandise.

10 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Remember, Alden signed up for 3 Solo movies. jjj-laugh.png

And I'm sure they could have made those movies if this film had cost 90mil to make. Still will never get an answer on how many people were actually begging LF for a Solo film.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

22 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

that picture of ehrenreich has stayed up for a full goddamn hour he must be a flop no one checking his page smh.

Flop movie to go along with a flop actor. 

talking about dehaan the question of the day is, will solo do +50% on sat

8.15+12.2=20.35 2-day, leaving it 8.65 or -29% from 29.0 weekend (-66%).

hoping dp2 does +40% for 9.3 making 22.5 nearly a done deal and 23 likely.

aiw obviously will jump big for summer sat.

Edited by A2k Rex

that picture of ehrenreich has stayed up for a full goddamn hour he must be a flop no one checking his page smh.

I mean, there is nothing offensive about that picture even if it does like like a mugshot... butler.png

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Hey now, it's not like he starred in Green Lantern or R.I.P.D.

That’s cold, Talis. That’s damn cold. 

:hahaha:

2 minutes ago, A2k Rex said:

talking about dehaan the question of the day is, will solo do +50% on sat

7.8+11.7=19.5 2-day, leaving it 8.5 or -27% from 28.0 weekend.

hoping dp2 does +40% for 9.3 making 22.5 nearly a done deal and 23 likely.

aiw obviously will jump big for summer sat.

Solo did 8.15 on Friday

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Remember, Alden signed up for 3 Solo movies. jjj-laugh.png

Hey DAR want to sign up for three movies set in the Star Wars Universe?

Me-Where do I sign?

• Like 2

Man, the openers are pitiful this weekend. Like, I'm not surprised that Upgrade did so poorly (I wouldn't have known it existed prior to Friday were it not for seeing the red-band trailer in front of Deadpool 2), but Adrift seemed like it had more potential and Action Point apparently couldn't get more than the tiniest sliver of Jackass goodwill/nostalgia to boost it.

I would say that it's understandable considering that the other studios were not willing to bet against the Avengers/Deadpool/Solo trifecta, but Knocked Up broke $30 million on this weekend 11 years ago (which lined up day-and-date) as low-budget counter-programming after the Spider-Man/Shrek/Pirates threequels opened with sky-high expectations in May.

Rewatched all the Jurassic Park movies in the last few days:

1. Jurassic Park, perfection greatest movie of all time

2. Jurassic World/The Lost World, I just can't chose fam sue me

50000. Jurassic Park 3, what in the actual ass was that

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Adrift doesn't seem like the type of film that would do more than 12-14mil opening weekend. I don't really know what Action Point is and Upgrade is a small film. The solid reviews are Leigh Whannell's reward. Maybe he'll do a bigger project next.