baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

IW had a fantastic hold OS this weekend, only down 25%. Lmao at the doom and gloomers who  kept trying to insist 2b wouldn't happen even just last week. Y'all know who you are. Hell, if Japan surprises and does a little better than expected, then TFA would be back on the menu. 

It it already opened in Japan. It opened everywhere e

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Gitesh is becoming almost as bad as that Grace Randolph moron.  

He has really gotten lazy over the last year or so. He doesn't always do a Thursday column anymore and he even skipped the Sunday recap sometimes. I used to love reading his Sunday recap but he doesn't have time for it anymore it seems like. Then he makes really questionable box office statements like the one in that tweet.    I even sent him I tweets offering to take over his Thursday column. Not surprisingly he never responded LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yes, something you yourself didn't know until recently though. We've also established this weekend usually has far stronger competition, and it's worth noting Solo's second weekend drop is the worst among any recent MD opener, even Apocalypse. 

Thanks buddy. I'll be sure to point out your shortcomings next time I get a chance. 

Just now, baumer said:

Thanks buddy. I'll be sure to point out your shortcomings next time I get a chance. 

Wtf? Not pointing out your "shortcomings", pointing out that the poster you responded to had a valid point about Solo's hold being poor this weekend and being surprised it wouldn't hold better without any competition. You told him not to be surprised by it since post MD drops are big, but it's still worse than normal and you yourself were surprised to learn about post MD holds mere days ago. So why act like it should have been common knowledge? 

10 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

5e0887272964be6b258946209a00ffa2?s=400&d

He's probably one of the more insightful box office people to follow. He makes silly mistakes in his blog but when it comes to the numbers, he actually considers a lot of factors before being all doom and gloom or being over enthusiastic. He's also pretty good with multipliers for films. He also doesn't jump up on the hype machine for a movie just because. I've mentioned this before but he's probably the only person who writes for a credible website, that said he didn't feel Solo had the hype behind it to open where the trades had it opening at. I don't know if I'm giving him too much credit for things cause like I said his blog can be a mess at times but not when it comes to the numbers lol Scott has one of the few box office blogs I actually bother reading. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

Not saying it's common knowledge.  Chill out dude. Just pointing out that there's other films that have fallen steeply post Memorial Day. Also I am on my phone and also I am on my lunch break so I don't have time to make long a structured posts explaining things. This is just sort of the Cole's notes version of what I can say right now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

He's probably one of the more insightful box office people to follow. He makes silly mistakes in his blog but when it comes to the numbers, he actually considers a lot of factors before being all doom and gloom or being over enthusiastic. He's also pretty good with multipliers for films. He also doesn't jump up on the hype machine for a movie just because. I've mentioned this before but he's probably the only person who writes for a credible website, that said he didn't feel Solo had the hype behind it to open where the trades had it opening at. I don't know if I'm giving him too much credit for things cause like I said his blog can be a mess at times but not when it comes to the numbers lol Scott has one of the few box office blogs I actually bother reading. 

He is a hack for the most part but is getting better.  

6 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Speaking off Grace the intellectual: 

SOLO 2nd weekend SUMMARIZED 

I was waiting for you to come through with this video. I can already sees it's gonna be great with that burning dumpster in the still! 

Ten seconds in and she's already taken a shot at Kathleen Kennedy 

Shes also mentioned the amusement parks again and the need for massive crowds. As if Disney parks don't get massive crowds on their own :rofl:

Edited by Nova
  • Haha 1

Do people talk about producers/studio exec that much for the non-SH/Star wars movies ? Even the giant like Graham king, Rudin, Marshall, what Heyman did with Potter/Gravity/Paddington franchise/etc..., etc... ?

That do feel a bit new to me, even when a Rudin has an Aloha we do not have 1% of that talk it seem. They are not supposed to be TV show runner, picking the good writer for the project, matching the good director for it and helping him once he become the boss if things goes well.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

Best 6th Weekends for Live Action Comic Book Movies

Title (Year) — Sixth Weekend Gross (Drop from Fifth Weekend)

1. Black Panther (2018) — 17.1 million (-35.8%)
2. Marvel’s The Avengers (2012) — 11.2 million (-45.1%)
3. The Dark Knight (2008) — 10.5 million (-35.6%)
4. Avengers: Infinity War (2018) — 10.4 million (-40.0%)
5. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) — 10.4 million (-39.4%)
6. Spider-Man (2002) — 10.3 million (-28.0%)
7. Wonder Woman (2017) — 9.8 million (-37.5%)
8. Batman (1989) — 8.9 million (-19.8%)
9. Deadpool (2016) — 8.0 million (-26.8%)
10. Iron Man (2008) — 7.5 million (-44.8%)

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1