Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

25 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I thought it was actually quite impressive 

A bit pretentious but definitely not F worthy. A spiralling nightmare for the lead character. Great performance by Jlaw.

Good to have another positive opinion on it :) 

• Like 1

the witch was great. babadook and it follows i thought were both meh so i'm not up the ass of every indie horror flick but i am excited for hereditary. i watched one of the director's short films a couple years ago actually and loved it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the witch was great. babadook and it follows i thought were both meh so i'm not up the ass of every indie horror flick but i am excited for hereditary. i watched one of the director's short films a couple years ago actually and loved it.

they're all good-to-great and available online. recommend 'em.

and yeah I'm in a similar boat, really love The Witch and Babadook, like but don't love It Follows, thought ICAN was pretty lacking. even if one doesn't dismiss them on principle it's still just as reductive and dumb to assume that they're all the same movie.

I'm glad Solo flopped. It will teach LF/Disney a lesson. Now we won't get pointless and lazy Young Luke Skywalker and Young Leia movies. Rogue One made them believe that they could put out any old movie and make a billion. 

• Like 1

15M for Solo is a pretty decent hold.

Optimistic scenario is it can do 3x off of that weekend for about $220M total. But with the one-two punch of I2 and FK, $210M is more likely.

1 minute ago, Sam said:

15M for Solo is a pretty decent hold.

Optimistic scenario is it can do 3x off of that weekend for about $220M total. But with the one-two punch of I2 and FK, $210M is more likely.

I hope it has a Prince of Persia/Pirates 5-esque sub-20% hold against its own June Pixar release. Movie gets some money, we get some meltdowns maybe

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I love the excuses some of you come up with when you like a movie. There's some incredibly dumb scenes in Hereditary but instead of admitting they are dumb @Jake Gittes makes excuses for them and uses the dumb teenager excuse. 

Lazy writing is lazy writing. Age and maturity level doesn't cover up for that.

Says the guy who nipticks films he doesn't like but ends up fawning and defending any criticism against the storyline and plot of series like Twilight and Transfarters.

13 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I hope it has a Prince of Persia/Pirates 5-esque sub-20% hold against its own June Pixar release. Movie gets some money, we get some meltdowns maybe

The film is already a flop, there will be no meltdowns. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

Says the guy who nipticks films he doesn't like but ends up fawning and defending any criticism against the storyline and plot of series like Twilight and Transfarters.

No lazy writing in those.