Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

13 minutes ago, Chewy said:

And I love the "make original movies instead" posts like they ain't see that 90% of every year's top 10 grossers list is #brands

I have no issue with it, has long as you have the same attitude for every sequel, X movies universe entry, reboot, etc... Otherwise it is suspicious.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Moviefanatic said:

What does it mean when some posters post a bunch of movies and numbers near it? Like 12x Black Panther, mission impossible. Avengers Infinity War etc? Is that a game? 

I think it's just Blanks and I think he's posting how many times he got certain trailers but tbh I'm not entirely sure

21 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

I rarely have this problem, this case seems more like an exception

Disruption in the theater is pretty much a "non problem", in my neck of the woods. Everyone tends to be quiet and respectful at the cinema, which I appreciate. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

You mofos didn't answer me. I asked what trailers did yall get with O8? I wanna see whos going where in this great trailer tsunami.

-Serenity

-Peppermint

-Eighth Grade

-A Star is Born

-Girl in the Spider's Web

Very strange that we didn't get Widows which seems like the perfect thing to advertise to an oceans 8 crowd. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed O8 quite a bit. It might be my favorite of the franchise. It's been a long time since I saw the original, but I remember walking out of that one really bugged by a plot hole. The second was forgettable and I never saw the third. But this one's a fun ride throughout, it just oozes charisma, and there were no holes to bug me.

• Like 1

At the risk of sounding like an inconsiderate dickhead, I go to movies in an upper-middle class area and I basically never have a problem with audiences being loud/disruptive. When I venture a little bit off the beaten path, shall we say, they get a little rowdier. But even then it's so minimal that I don't even remember it (the last time I remember an audience member being obnoxious was a little kid laughing and making comments during Solo).

• Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

You nailed it.  A lot of it just kind of felt like it was going through the motions.....and I can't believe they gave away the Hathaway twist in the trailer.

Yes, although you can blame the title for that. If they didn't give it away, people probably would have assumed she must be the 8th in question. Really it should have been called Ocean's 7. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yes, although you can blame the title for that. If they didn't give it away, people probably would have assumed she must be the 8th in question. Really it should have been called Ocean's 7. 

So glad I avoid trailers, for this reason. hehe

here are increases from real Friday to Saturday for the following films 

(and what Hereditary Sat # would be with this using 3.878/5.184 for Friday)

Blair Witch +7.6% = 4.173

mother! +14.7% = 4.448

It Comes At Night +17.4% = 4.553

The Witch +26.7% = 4.913

The Gift - +27.7% = 4.952

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

-Serenity

-Peppermint

-Eighth Grade

-A Star is Born

-Girl in the Spider's Web

Very strange that we didn't get Widows which seems like the perfect thing to advertise to an oceans 8 crowd. 

The best one was A Star is Born!

• Like 1

@lilmac

BP should be able to get to 700m if it plays out naturally without split screen help from Incredibles 2.

A Wrinkle in Time was at 97.947 after last Sunday.

Mon-Thurs it made on a daily basis....  20k + 26k + 22.5k + 24k to get to 98.040.  

It made an estimated $30,000 on Friday upping the total to 98.070.

If it averages 20k/day*30 days that is only another 600,000, but it could make it if it relies solely on double features with Incredibles 2!

7 minutes ago, lilmac said:

@sfran43

@mathemetrics

@eddyxx

@Moviefanatic

@Wrath

You guys poo-pooed me a few weeks ago when I said I didn't see how Black Panther hits $700m without intervention from Disney. It's even more apparent now. 

How?! Most movies gets dollar theater expansion towards the end of its theatrical run, and BP hasn't gotten theirs yet. After this weekend/weekday, it will be less than $600K away from $700M. So no, It doesn't need an intervention from Disney! It will get there the old fashion way, slow and steady!

Edited by sfran43
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

@lilmac

BP should be able to get to 700m if it plays out naturally without split screen help from Incredibles 2.

A Wrinkle in Time was at 97.947 after last Sunday.

Mon-Thurs it made on a daily basis....  20k + 26k + 22.5k + 24k to get to 98.040.  

It made an estimated $30,000 on Friday upping the total to 98.070.

If it averages 20k/day*30 days that is only another 600,000, but it could make it if it relies solely on double features with Incredibles 2!

Why would it average 20k per day for the next month? It's already down to 38k on a Friday, it will be well below 20k every weekday of the upcoming week. 

PG family films aren't comparable to other films for late legs. They're completely different beasts. If you don't believe me, just look at how little even Jumanji has made since it got down to a couple hundred theaters two months ago (about 600k), and that has way more family appeal than BP. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1