Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

FRIDAY AM UPDATE: Disney and Pixar's Incredibles 2 launched with a massive $18.5 million from Thursday previews. Not only is this the largest preview gross ever for an animated feature, it more than doubles the previous record set by Finding Dory with $9.2 million. In fact, it's more than the preview grosses for the likes of Beauty and the Beast ($16.3m), Spider-Man: Homecoming ($15.4m), Thor: Ragnarok ($14.5m) and Justice League ($13m). At this point Finding Dory's $135 million record opening for an animated title would appear to be an afterthought as it's now merely a question of just how high will Incredibles 2 fly?

:ohmygod::ohmyzod:

Just now, FilmBuff said:

Hype around Amatw seems dead. I definitely see a sub 75 mil ow for it

The movie isn’t out for three weeks, relax. People act like movies always have to be trending on Twitter to do solid business. 

1 minute ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Next week will be immensely interesting how Incredibles and Jurassic World square off with one another. Jurassic will likely be Number 1 and come out on top, but Incredibles will do great too.

Will be insane.

Having 2 movies over 100M in one weekend (unadjusted) would be the first time ever that happened domestically. China actually managed that earlier this year.

• Like 1

Wow. It’s even beating my optimistic prediction of 168m (see my derby :) )

all this talk for JWFK dipping 120 or even below 100 is crazy. I still see 150-170. I2 and FK can coexist easily. Remember JW and IO.  Adjusted won’t be far from similar figures now. 

Antman will be fine too.  90m is where it likely lands but upside there is plenty there thanks to IW. 

• Like 1

JW2's under-performing leads to another question that @IronJimbo will find interesting: Will Avatar sequels be the only opponent to Disney's dominance in the following years?

I mean if you look at the top 10 all time list, JW2 was said to have to a shot but now it's clearly out of the question. What other studios' future projects could challenge it? None, except Avatar sequels. And what does Disney have in its pocket that is guaranteed to be a monstrous hit? TA: IW2, SW9 and many of the live action adaptation of its beloved animations (such as TLK, Mulan)

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/domestic.htm 

:ohmygod:

And to think about it, Avatar sequels might even be titled as Disney's movies before hitting the theater. :ohmyzod:

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

Just now, JJ-8 said:

Wow. It’s even beating my optimistic prediction of 168m (see my derby :) )

all this talk for JWFK dipping 120 or even below 100 is crazy. I still see 150-170. I2 and FK can coexist easily. Remember JW and IO.  Adjusted won’t be far from similar figures now. 

Antman will be fine too.  90m is where it likely lands but upside there is plenty there thanks to IW. 

You're asking for 150-170 for FK when I2 might be a lock for over 100 next weekend, maybe as high as 115 depending how high it goes this weekend. That is a huge difference vs the JW/IO weekend (i.e. 90m and 105m).