Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Stop making me jealous we get it you guys were old enough to see Incredibles in theaters BUT I FUCKING WASN'T I WAS 3 YEARS OLD 😠 

Think of poor Tele. He was at the young age of 787 and full of optimism.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Yes!  It was very Alice in Wonderland.  Set design and costumes looked pretty, yet I don't know if there's any substance there.  

I’m sure there isn’t.

Yes, I have no idea.

Edited by kowhite

Me, my brother and my cousin all tried to be Dash after watching The Incredibles (in theatres), so that was probably a really fun experience for our parents. Three seven year-olds committed to nothing but moving around quickly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mekanos said:

“If you aren’t a superhero film fuck you” -2018 moviegoing audiences

Next Thursday we’ll have had 4 superhero films in the year. They’ll be the top 4 by a huge margin, with a combined 1.9B domestic or so.      

The 300 or so non-superhero movies will take spots 5-300+, with combined 2.7B or so.    

I also went to see Ratatouille but i was young and the gunshots in the beginning were loud and scared me so I left and waited out in the lobby with my dad and played arcade games while my mom and sister watched it instead.  not my proudest moment!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Raise your hand if you actually saw The Incredibles during its theatrical run in 2004-2005. *raises hand*

It was actually the same year I moved into my house.  Which makes me think I’ve been here that long

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

wait what

This horrific hazing incident (a lot more graphic details than are in the following interview) he was a ringleader in at a fraternity was discussed when he was doing publicity rounds.  It came out a few years before but I missed it.   It was brought up to him during an interview and instead of even attempting an apology and admitting having done terrible things in the past but having grow over the years he Nate Parker'ed it.  (he also wasn't acquitted as he claims - he got a probationary plea deal)

https://www.esquire.com/style/big-black-book/a19672147/jon-hamm-interview-2018/

According to reports, when Hamm was a sophomore, he and several of his fraternity brothers hazed a pledge so severely that their actions permanently shut down the frat’s UT chapter. Assault charges were filed against the 20-year-old and fellow members that were later dropped. A 1991 lawsuit claimed that Hamm lit the kid’s pants on fire; physically abused him; and, along with his brothers in a part of the Sigma Nu house called the “Party Room,” hooked the claw of a hammer underneath his crotch and led him around the room.

When I bring up the incident, which was reported in Texas newspapers at the time and resurfaced in 2015, first in the tabloids and then in The Washington Post, Hamm bristles. He tells me, “I wouldn’t say it’s accurate. Everything about that is sensationalized. I was accused of these things I don’t... It’s so hard to get into it. I don’t want to give it any more breath. It was a bummer of a thing that happened. I was essentially acquitted. I wasn’t convicted of anything. I was caught up in a big situation, a stupid kid in a stupid situation, and it’s a fucking bummer. I moved on from it.”

• ...wtf 4
  • Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

STOP MAKING ME FEEL OLD

This. I'm the same age as you and I feel like I need an AARP card. It's been FOURTEENNNN YEARSSSS. We were elementary schoolers back then! Now we're getting bills in the mail. Ah, good times.

And that Incredibles PS2 game tho...the Dash run to school level, classic....

23 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Yes, and this automatically makes it okay

The point is you guys are exaggerating in this instance regarding how intolerable the guy was.

If he barely post then maybe just put him on ignore.

A month ban for a box office golden goose seems short sighted.

Just ignore him.