Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

57 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Raise your hand if you actually saw The Incredibles during its theatrical run in 2004-2005. *raises hand*

I’ve seen every Pixar movie in theaters during their original releases. I was 8 when Toy Story came out. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Incredible Panda said:

The fact this weekend's big opener is an animated movie (which means no gratuitous pics of the buff lead actor) means good luck trying to get @Rthanos' attention. Might want to start saving up those gratuitous Chris Pratt pics for next weekend.

Edited by filmlover

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The fact this weekend's big opener is an animated movie (which means no gratuitous pics of the buff lead actor) means good luck trying to get @Rthanos' attention. Might want to start saving up those gratuitous Chris Pratt pics for next weekend.

mr__incredible_by_etavitas-d8gtkua.jpg

Mister-Incredible-The-Incredibles-Bob-Pa

7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I was unfortunate enough to see The Wild in theaters. Holy shit that was dire. On the other hand Treasure Planet was the first movie I ever saw in theaters and it was pretty epic.

Treasure Planet? As in, 2002? Ugh.

6 minutes ago, Empire said:

I’ve seen every Pixar movie in theaters during their original releases. I was 8 when Toy Story came out. 

I haven't, but I could have. Was 5 during TS1. Seen 'em all theatrically except Cars and Cars 3. TS1 has the distinction of being the first movie I vividly remember seeing in the theater. I know Dances With Wolves is my first theatrical movie though, at 11 months old. Slept through it then, sleep through it now. 

• Like 1

I wish I knew what the first movie I saw in a theatre was. 

The earliest film I’m fairly confident I saw in a theatre was the early Nicole Kidman classic BMX Bandits. 

39 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Looking back, I also missed out on seeing SpongeBob in theaters that same month :whosad:

Now there's another movie that I saw around my birthday too. Probably the first movie I ever got hyped for. Still remember going on the movie's website every day to play the Flash games and watch the trailers over and over again. It's probably only behind Nemo in terms of movies I've seen the most over the years. Still watch it even today in fact.

24 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Seriously did no one else play this??

Cousin had it. Loved all the Mr Incredible and Elastigirl levels.

23 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ah fuck, I forgot Polar Express came out then too. Another one I missed in theaters! :whosad:

I actually think Shark Tale was the only movie I saw in theaters that year :gold: 

Gotta admit tho, X-Tina and Missy's Car Wash cover was iconic.

13 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

We were doing family movie night like 5 years ago and my sister picked out Fat Albert because she thought the title sounded funny.  I had literally no idea the movie existed so I was like "oh hey I get to watch a movie without knowing anything about it."  it wasn't very good!

The one thing that always cracks me up about that movie was in an interview Bill Cosby told Kenan Thompson after the movie comes out he would need two dicks because women were going to be all over him.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My parents didn’t have the time to take me to see The Incredibles when it was in theaters :sadno: Got the DVD on day one tho

Watching the final major Dash action sequences in the thearers is possibly a top 15 movie experience (not an easy list to make).

12 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I was unfortunate enough to see The Wild in theaters. Holy shit that was dire. On the other hand Treasure Planet was the first movie I ever saw in theaters and it was pretty epic.

2008 was a horrific year for me.  I saw Bedtime Stories, Horton Hears a Who, that Veggietales movie, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Clone Wars, Space Chimps, High School Musical 3, Meet Dave, Fly Me to the Moon, Igor, and The Tale of Despereaux.  I also never saw Speed Raer that year (I had the DVD but I lost it, didn’t actually watch it until much later on) and my mom also got me the DVD for Doogal that year.

Of course, I was young and stupid and had no clue that what I was watching was pure garbage.

• Like 1