Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

3 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

FWIW, I didn't say I2 was going to fall short of $400m. And as I've said, I'm waving the I2 banner, so I hope you're right. 

Lol well you're definitely acting like there's some uncertainty that it'll reach $400M, being all "We'll see what happens, FK you know...", which is beyond stupid.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/incredibles-2-tag-superfly-weekend-box-office-1202411262/

181.3M

5th Update, Sunday AM:  Disney/Pixar’s Incredibles 2 is on its way to an estimated $181M, slightly higher from where we saw it yesterday. Disney will weigh in with their official Sunday estimate soon. Incredibles 2 saw a $58.9M Saturday, the 10th biggest, that was -18% from Friday’s $71.6M (which included $18.5M previews). Technically Saturday repped the highest day for the superhero sequel, especially when one backs out those previews, Friday technically being $53.1M. Saturday’s take easily reps the best for an animated title, surpassing Shrek the Third‘s $47M. Disney schedules their Pixar pics on Sunday, so we’ll continue to see strong traffic for Incredibles 2 with many estimating at least a $50M day.

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 4

16 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Frozen 2 has some competition (WW1984, Sonic, 2manji (if Sony needs it), and Call Of The Wild) but it’ll still be big but the reason why I have Frozen 2 so low is because I believe Frozen has lost some of it’s luster thanks to an overbundance (OFA wasn’t well liked) and perhaps ability to appeal to boys as well throughout the years via merchandising. However I admit it’s probably a stretch.

As for TS4, the competition is going to hurt it badly. Especially when both Aladdin and Pets 2 shortly before it not to mention it feels unnecessary. If quality isn’t on the level of the first 3, I honestly think sub $300M will happen. Thinking it’ll get to $305M-$330M. $350M at best.

Apart from WW (female appeal + proximity) and COTW (animation), none of those are true competition to F2. Jumanji 3 is a four-quad comedy and opens a month later; Sonic is a live-action/animation hybrid and goes exclusively after boys. As for the 2nd and 3rd reasons, they're fair points, sure, but tbh I don't see them as enough of a detriment where people wouldn't go mental for F2 regardless.

With TS4, quality will be a big play, but I don't think it will be poor enough for it to miss 300. It's still Toy Story, and unlike, say, Solo, the combo of stiff competition + being completely unasked for is evened out by the fact that the last entry in the series was universally acclaimed. Plus, after TS4, the only other major family opener is The Lion King, which will probably give it double features.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

Regardless of what happens next weekend, I'm excited for Jurassic and I'm ecstatic that Incredibles is doing so well. Incredibles deserves this big opening.

Also Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2 are going to make a shit pile of money. 

Edited by Yandereprime101189

2 hours ago, pepsa said:

Well that would be something, getting $685m + DOM and only being 3rd for the year. That would be insane!

It's also going to be amazing to have 3 $600m dom grossers in one year...when we've never even had 2 before!

And next year has the potential for possibly 4 :blink: