A Marvel Fanboy

Tron: Ares | October 10, 2025 | Jared Leto to star, Joachim Ronning to direct

If y'all don't go see this it'll be the end of original sci-fi

Why do you guys hate original sci-fi?

Well technicaly it's the third movie in a franchise so hardly original. 

But I'm excited for it anyway. I liked Tron : Legacy, awesome visuals, awesome soundtrack (and yes Daft Punk needs to come back), story and characters weren't that great though but that wasn't bad anyway. That's still better than a Transformers movie and we have a lot of them. 

It will probably be in 2017, summer at the later or maybe a March date if Disney sees Warcraft and BvS success here.

This movie is a guilty pleasure for me. I LOVE the Daft Punk soundtrack and the feel and the emotion that the movie has.  The story of course was stupid and the world was kind of underdeveloped. 

Should have shown more games.

• Like 1

Eh, I didn't think so.

Not a fan of orange and teal, I take it?  :)

I'm excited about this, but only if Daft Punk and Olivia Wilde come back, since they were the only great parts of TL. Having a script that isn't written on the back of a napkin should be Disney's top priority this time, though.

Why?  The only chance this has of increasing box office is if the plot is they move the arcade to Shanghai.  When will they learn this is just not a franchise anyone cares about.  90 percent of the comments today have been about Legacy being a Daft Punk video.   Dear Disney make a sequel to Dangerous Minds while you are at it.  I mean people went and say that movie because of a song and its an old propriety no one cares about.

• Like 2

Why?  The only chance this has of increasing box office is if the plot is they move the arcade to Shanghai.  When will they learn this is just not a franchise anyone cares about.  90 percent of the comments today have been about Legacy being a Daft Punk video.   Dear Disney make a sequel to Dangerous Minds while you are at it.  I mean people went and say that movie because of a song and its an old propriety no one cares about.

Because I want Tron 3 God dammit! I don't care if it's prhaps not the best financial proposition.

• Like 2

I for one am excited for the new daft Punk music video.

We all want Daft Punk to come back, but I would advise that you don't get your hopes too high.

At this point, I would guess that the odds are less than 50/50 that Daft Punk will agree to do this again.