sfran43

Tuesday's Numbers (JW 11.9, I2....10.2....Purge 2.5 previews)

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I find it strange that Thrylos still hasnt commented on how bad the JW number is. That jump clearly means that it has awful WOM right? :qotd:

He’s too busy ranting about the critics bias for “horrendous” and “mediocre” Ghostbusters 2016 in the Ant-Man and The Wasp thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

My guess for The Purge:

10M (4x previews like Election Year)

4M (-60%)

5.2M (+30%)

6.2M (+20%)

4.6M (-25%)

16M 3 Day/30M 5 day

I have no clue what the preview to OD multi could be today. Cashing in on the holiday seems to be leading to some frontloading, and The Purge and Election Year both dropped in the mid-to-high 30s on their first Saturdays. It's bound to have a 50%+ drop tomorrow.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Awesome jumps all around. JW2 stabilized and headed over 400M, IMHO. It's going to be at 300M+ before 3rd weekend and 3rd weekend will be so close to 30M.

A couple of holds like this, and I2 will be so close to dream with 600M.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Nova said:

He’s too busy ranting about the critics bias for “horrendous” and “mediocre” Ghostbusters 2016 in the Ant-Man and The Wasp thread. 

Not to mention criticising Ocean's 8..... 

Speaking of Ocean's 8, very good Tuesday numbers, looks like it's going to match O12's domestic total by Sunday if not Monday. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

400 million, 1.2 billion for JW2. Such horrible numbers right thyrlos??

Even bad movies can make bank...

I'm talking to you too Transformers!

Ok so with a 12m Tuesday that makes 300m likely by the weekend but its important we do no let this distract us fron the fact that England won on penalties and are now through to the quarter finals. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ocho said:

Even bad movies can make bank...

I'm talking to you too Transformers!

JW2 is definitely not as bad as those 4 transformers( I say four bc I liked the first one), and it’s critical rating although mixed is much higher than Transformers 2-5. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

For Comparison:

Election Year: $3.64M

Anarchy: $2.6M

The Purge: $3.4M

Those were all Thursday, so it's not a totally fair comparison.

Thanks for this I was just going to ask!

27 minutes ago, Nova said:

Why am I not surprised at that?? 

😂🙄

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Not to mention criticising Ocean's 8..... 

Speaking of Ocean's 8, very good Tuesday numbers, looks like it's going to match O12's domestic total by Sunday if not Monday. 

NoBoDy CaReS aBoUt OcEaNs 8! ThEYrE ToO BuSy WaTcHiNg ThE OrIgInAl-Thrylos as he watches Ocean’s 8 achieve a 3.0x multiplier. 

• Haha 1