WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

1 hour ago, McNerdy said:

I get what you're saying, but imo an ant-man isn't really sillier than a talking tree or a talking raccoon. I agree though that it feels smaller, but that could also give it an advantage. We'll see  though :)

Stakes are much higher in Guardians Vol. 1 and Vol. 2... That's the big difference. Both are very silly, fun and pop though. Ant-Man smartly plays it low stakes - compared to the other MCU stuff at least - which makes for a welcome diversion from the heavy stuff weighing in the balance in the other MCU movies.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

SMH had a 7.6x preview/ow multi but I think IM's presence front-loaded it somewhat. This is a more family friendly MCU movie but it's still a sequel unlike SMH. I think 7.8-8.2x could happen. 11-13 previews give 86-107 ow...96 (12*8) in the middle.

2.7x like CA2 with 96 ow gives close to 260 dom.

Edited by a2k

41 minutes ago, McNerdy said:

I get what you're saying, but imo an ant-man isn't really sillier than a talking tree or a talking raccoon. I agree though that it feels smaller, but that could also give it an advantage. We'll see  though :)

I think its the ant mind control and the giant ants that people find silly. Shrinking and growing technology is fine for most people to accept.

That's a terrific preview number for a terrific movie! Saw it with fan last night and we all loved it and will see it again this weekend. As a big fan of the original I cannot be more pleased. WOM should be great and play well across the board. :bravo:

• Like 5

In any case scenario, it's unlikely that its 3-day is smaller than that of Solo's, and same for its DOM total. Its WW total will take 2/3 weeks max to be bigger. And then they say we've seen everything, but here's a Star Wars movie losing to an Ant-Man sequel.

• Like 1

I'm very curious about the preview number. Totally anecdotal but my showing seemed to have a large number of walk ups. Only about 40 of 250 seats were sold around 630 for the 700 showing. But, there was a line when I arrived and folks kept flooding in by the handful up until 5 to 10 minutes into the movie.

I don’t get why people think Guardians and Ant Man were tough sells. 

They're $100m + budgeted superhero films. From Disney. 

Families have been taking their kids to see far fetched films for literally decades. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Didn't realize Evengleine Lilly was in so few movies until recently. 

I love her because she owns it up to her words. She said she was uncomfortable with fame and is more private and even took a long hiatus. And all that is true. She doesn't work much, unlike stars who threaten with retirement only to sign up for 5 movies. She said that writing was her real passion and she's written children's books that are very good (my fam has them for my youngest sister), unlike stars who say how much they want to write and direct and then continue to waste time in the enlightening company of Victoria Beckham. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I don’t get why people think Guardians and Ant Man were tough sells. 

They're $100m + budgeted superhero films. From Disney. 

Families have been taking their kids to see far fetched films for literally decades. 

Considering previous MCU movies origins minus Iron Man did about in the $180M range, GOTG is a total surprise not to mention most sci-fi outside of Star Wars/Trek doesn’t make that big of numbers.

Ant Man you have a point.

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Considering previous MCU movies origins minus Iron Man did about in the $180M range, GOTG is a total surprise not to mention most sci-fi outside of Star Wars/Trek doesn’t make that big of numbers.

Ant Man you have a point.

Oh no, Guardians was defintiely a big surprise at the box office! But I wouldn’t say it was a “hard sell”. 

I wouldn’t call any Disney movie a hard sell lol

• Like 1