WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

8 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Either way, it should do $100m. 

Jurassic World 2’s multiplier gets it to $103m from 11, unless it’s more preview front loaded 

$100m still seems like the target to me :) 

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week:

Skyscraper: 1:33. Attachments are First Man and Mortal Engines.

Hotel Transylvania 3: 1:31. Attachments unknown (more than likely Spider-Verse and Alpha).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Excellent start for Ant-Man. Likely headed for just over/under $90M OW DOM.

Yes but can AM2 beat Justice League OW? :ca:

Just kidding.  It's nice to see another (expected) success for marvel.  Each sequel consistently moves up and they are doing better than many predict with each next film.  AM2 should do about 750m WW no?  Given how well its performing in the OW compared to the previous AM, and compared to the growth of other characters they built up like Guardians and Thor.  I mean AM2 should be right in line with what they did before, some solid growth of about 50% over the receipts of the previous installment.

It's ridiculous to expect any near future MCU film doing badly, I think the only way that would happen is if they made an honest-to-god bad movie AND marketed it badly at the same time and there's no reason to believe that's going to happen.  Cap Marvel is going to beat expectations by a mile, largely because it dovetails off the IW train directly.  People need to see how all their heroes get saved, and Cap Marvel is going to be the first movie to have direct information on that.  This will effectively make it must-see for the IW audience, which is both large and the result of the growth of this fanbase, and representative of the overall moviegoing interest.

So take your Cap Marvel estimates and double them.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

For real? Major props for that I gotta say. 

Yeah I'm very surprised by that runtime. Granted, The Dark Tower was shorter and one of the worst movies of last year, so........

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week:

Skyscraper: 1:33. Attachments are First Man and Mortal Engines.

Hotel Transylvania 3: 1:31. Attachments unknown (more than likely Spider-Verse and Alpha).

Disgusting run time for Skyscraper. Luckily McQuarrie and Cruise are coming to save the summer with a 147 minute run time 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

On 4th of July week and considering it had a 6PM start, I doubt it has a Saturday hold as strong. Unless it really is beyond huge on walk-ups.

taking the preview gross starting from 6pm and roll it into weekend gross is a very unbecoming practice and should be regulated.

10pm or 9pm is fine to me, but 6-7pm was way too early for me to consider it as part of the friday gross.

With 11.5M in previews, if Ant-Man and The Wasp follows:

- The original Ant-Man, it is looking at a 40.7M Friday and 103M weekend. 

- Spider-Man: Homecoming, it is looking at a 37.7M Friday and 87M weekend.

- Thor: Ragnarok, it is looking at 37.1M Friday and 97M weekend.

Take your pick, heh. I think it will be somewhat more frontloaded than the original Ant-Man, so a weekend gross somewhere in the 90M range then? Which, of course, would be terrific, and a huge increase from the first film.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah I'm very surprised by that runtime. Granted, The Dark Tower was shorter and one of the worst movies of last year, so........

Skyscraper seems like a dumb action movie, and the entire plot was already revealed in the trailers. It's co-produced by a Chinese company and it's set in Hong Kong. So you can already guess the 40% on RT, but it should do well at the box office, particularly overseas.. unlike The Dark Tower.

3 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

With 11.5M in previews, if Ant-Man and The Wasp follows:

- The original Ant-Man, it is looking at a 40.7M Friday and 103M weekend. 

- Spider-Man: Homecoming, it is looking at a 37.7M Friday and 87M weekend.

- Thor: Ragnarok, it is looking at 37.1M Friday and 97M weekend.

Take your pick, heh. I think it will be somewhat more frontloaded than the original Ant-Man, so a weekend gross somewhere in the 90M range then? Which, of course, would be terrific, and a huge increase from the first film.

Peace,

Mike

I'd lean towards Spidey or a touch less...Spidey didn't have the World Cup, which doesn't have a huge effect in the US, but it might still be a little factor (especially for Fri/Sat matinees)...Plus, the East Coast heatwave is finally breaking, so folks may decide to enjoy the beautiful planned weekend weather...and not go to the movies (where they probably lived earlier this week).

Just my gut...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Disgusting run time for Skyscraper. Luckily McQuarrie and Cruise are coming to save the summer with a 147 minute run time 

What’s so disgusting about a straight action film having a 93 minute runtime without the credits (which translates to around 100 minutes total runtime) ? Seems quite normal to me .

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, nevermore said:

Skyscraper seems like a dumb action movie, and the entire plot was already revealed in the trailers. It's co-produced by a Chinese company and it's set in Hong Kong. So you can already guess the 40% on RT, but it should do well at the box office, particularly overseas.. unlike The Dark Tower.

Hercules numbers for Skyscraper wouldn't surprise me tbh